Sponsored by:

Question regarding the Hammock touring seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 07:42 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockrivr1
After several rides on my Hammock, with one being 5 hours long, I've decided that it's not right for me. No matter what I do on this seat I still feel like I'm too far forward and cramped against the gas tank.

I've been doing some additional research and I think I'm going to bail on HD seats all together and try the Mustang Super Touring. Backs me up around 2 inches, which should work better for me.

Looks like someone is going to get a deal, again, on a barely used Hammock with rider backrest. Getting tired of losing money while I search for that perfect comfort zone.....
Why don't you just buy the Zepplin seat and be done with it? You can adjust it to your liking right off the bat - and then when that position becomes uncomfortable push a button or two and get comfortable all over again and so on and so on. No need to keep buying seat after seat.
Like I said before, buying a seat is the hardest thing to buy. Fits great when you buy it but turns ugly after a few thousand miles.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Why don't you just buy the Zepplin seat and be done with it? You can adjust it to your liking right off the bat - and then when that position becomes uncomfortable push a button or two and get comfortable all over again and so on and so on. No need to keep buying seat after seat.
Like I said before, buying a seat is the hardest thing to buy. Fits great when you buy it but turns ugly after a few thousand miles.
I was thinking of the Zepplin, but it didn't say anything about pushing you back, so to me it seems I'd be still on top of the tank. Is your experience that the Zepplin can move you back as well?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:12 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rockrivr1
I was thinking of the Zepplin, but it didn't say anything about pushing you back, so to me it seems I'd be still on top of the tank. Is your experience that the Zepplin can move you back as well?

Just the opposite. It moved me a little bit closer to the front, but I got use to it - no problem for me. Maybe for you.
Good luck

Old 07-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Just the opposite. It moved me a little bit closer to the front, but I got use to it - no problem for me. Maybe for you.
Good luck
Thanks. This puts the Zepplin out for me. I'm too close as it is.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:25 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYER
I have two heated hammock seats. The first one was on my 09 Ultra and love the heat and the wife approves of her seat area, that matters a lot. I liked it enough that I bought a 14 take off CVO heated hammock seat for my 14 limited. Wife approves. Longest day in that saddle for me was 780 miles and I still wanted to keep going but my friend was cold and tuckered. We had a gas stop ever hundred miles or so. Heat really helps.

But since we are all built differently why not try the Harley demo? I have seen the seats at the dealer with DEMO printed all over them just for us to try before we by.

The Hammock seat isn't a low seat, so definitely try one for fit.
How would you compare the height of that CVO seat to the stock seat? Sat on one in the showroom and thought it was pretty nice other than the height but then I got to wondering if the height wasn't at least in part due to the CVO's suspension.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:04 PM
PapaBrew
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a '14 Ultra Limited and was hoping to use the Hammock seat (53051-09) that I had on my '08 Ultra Classic since the wife and I enjoyed it so much out on the road. The Hammock seat that I have seems to fit my new bike perfectly but I noticed in the online catalog it says that it shouldn't fit since I have a touring model that comes with a tour pack and that I should order the new SKU for the Hammock seat (52000126).

Would someone that has gone down this path (or knows the answer) let me know what I am missing here? Thanks!

Old 08-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Solex
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaBrew
I just purchased a '14 Ultra Limited and was hoping to use the Hammock seat (53051-09) that I had on my '08 Ultra Classic since the wife and I enjoyed it so much out on the road. The Hammock seat that I have seems to fit my new bike perfectly but I noticed in the online catalog it says that it shouldn't fit since I have a touring model that comes with a tour pack and that I should order the new SKU for the Hammock seat (52000126).

Would someone that has gone down this path (or knows the answer) let me know what I am missing here? Thanks!
I think what I read about the older seats is the rear seat width will rub the speaker pods on the new style tour-pak, I think it's a bit narrower than '13 and older.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:29 PM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts

Is it heated or not? If heated it might be the electrical connection...if not and it installs OK, just use it.

I have the Heated hammock and it's great, my wife REALLY loves it with the heat...

Old 08-10-2014, 05:02 PM
PapaBrew
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solex
I think what I read about the older seats is the rear seat width will rub the speaker pods on the new style tour-pak, I think it's a bit narrower than '13 and older.
I'll install it and look at it closely to see if there is any chance for the old seat to rub on the speaker pods. The parts guy at the dealership put a demo hammock seat on my new bike when we were going through the sales process and I didn't notice any tight spots at that time but probably didn't look as closely as I should have.

Originally Posted by plongson
Is it heated or not? If heated it might be the electrical connection...if not and it installs OK, just use it.

I have the Heated hammock and it's great, my wife REALLY loves it with the heat...
I have heard good things about the heated seat but in south Texas, I could almost benefit more from a cooled one

Old 08-11-2014, 07:33 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

I never understood the reason for a heated seat unless you live in Canada and ride all year. I live in Chicago, but never even thought of getting a heated seat and I ride all winter. I have enough padding there that I probably wouldn't even feel the heat.
I do have the RZ seat though, a lot more versatile for me.

Last edited by GARY DYER; 08-11-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Question regarding the Hammock touring seat