Sponsored by:

head pipe and air cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Pastor Ron
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head pipe and air cleaner

I am curious if anyone has used the S&S power tuned dual head pipe 49-8093 and the Fuel Moto stage one air cleaner SKU: FM117-460 on the Rushmore. If so what are your impressions?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 AM
Scaffido
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fuel moto air cleaner is a good idea for running the stock cover. Arlen ness also makes one that I feel is a bit nicer. He has a larger air filter but still uses the stock cover. As for the S&S head pipe, not familiar with that. A lot of guys are running the V&H or the Rush head pipe.
Doing the head pipe, air cleaner, slip on's and fuel moto tuner will give you an increase of almost 15-20 horsepower.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Pastor Ron
Advanced

Thanks for the info. Has anyone used the S&S power dual tuned headpipe on the Rushmore?

Old 07-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Pastor Ron
Thanks for the info. Has anyone used the S&S power dual tuned headpipe on the Rushmore?
Not on the Rushmore but had them on my '12 SG. They are still a 2-1-2 but with a "H" type crossover not an "X" type. You get equal flow out both sides of the exhaust and sounds just like the V&H True Duals but will give you better backflow pressure. Good pipes!

Old 07-23-2014, 08:24 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Yes I have them on mine, better sound and power noticed over the stock head pipe. Also have the S&S Stealth AC, 4" Rineharts and a FP3 as a tuner.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:29 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

I have them, better sound and power over the stock head pipe. Fit like a glove, nice chrome on the heat shields. Also have the S&S Stealth AC and Rinehart 4" mufflers. Using the FP3 as a tuner. Very pleased.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:14 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts

I just installed this, and I could literally hear the air being sucked in.

Attached Thumbnails head pipe and air cleaner-20140724_174237.jpg  
Old 07-25-2014, 08:51 AM
starbiker99
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the S&S Power Tune Duals along with the S&S air cleaner. I really like the head pipes they look great perform well and made the bike a whole lot louder !!

Old 07-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Pastor Ron
Advanced

Originally Posted by barrygreen
Yes I have them on mine, better sound and power noticed over the stock head pipe. Also have the S&S Stealth AC, 4" Rineharts and a FP3 as a tuner.
Did you have a issue with using the stock cover with the S&S stealth AC? I have read that some have had the cover rub the fuel tank after installing the S&S Stealth AC. That is why I was leaning towards the Fuel Moto. While I like the idea of the smart phone interface, the limitation of the FP3 only covering stage 1 upgrades concerned me. So I was leaning towards the Power Vision which is also a flash update controller. I wish they would do the bluetooth/smart phone interface.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:00 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

Did you have a issue with using the stock cover with the S&S stealth AC? I have read that some have had the cover rub the fuel tank after installing the S&S Stealth AC. That is why I was leaning towards the Fuel Moto. While I like the idea of the smart phone interface, the limitation of the FP3 only covering stage 1 upgrades concerned me. So I was leaning towards the Power Vision which is also a flash update controller. I wish they would do the bluetooth/smart phone interface.

I did not use the stock cover.

Quick Reply: head pipe and air cleaner