Sponsored by:

Best backrest.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Rodney54
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best backrest.

I'm in the market for a drivers backrest. I have been looking at the Harley ones but still not 100% sure. What do the rest of you like for backrests?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Rockgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD adjustable is on mine. A bit pricey BUT...it does exactly what I need and gives me the adjustability on the fly. Along with my MCC modded seat, it provides all the back support I could ever hope for. It makes all the difference for me in the amount of riding I can do. An all day trip is a piece of cake with this setup and I have zero regrets about the price, easy installation and function.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Rodney54
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rockgeezer
HD adjustable is on mine. A bit pricey BUT...it does exactly what I need and gives me the adjustability on the fly. Along with my MCC modded seat, it provides all the back support I could ever hope for. It makes all the difference for me in the amount of riding I can do. An all day trip is a piece of cake with this setup and I have zero regrets about the price, easy installation and function.
That was one of my questions. Is the adjustable backrest that much better then the none adjustable backrest? The price difference is almost $70 more.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:13 AM
skyhawk85u
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought the adjustable one was $100 more. Once I got the non-adjustable one dialed in (all the way forward for me) I don't see why I would ever want to change it again. Works great.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Rockgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rodney54
That was one of my questions. Is the adjustable backrest that much better then the none adjustable backrest? The price difference is almost $70 more.
Different needs for different folks I'm sure. For me personally, I find I adjust it on the fly at different times during a trip. I can push it all the way back where it doesn't even touch my back and stretch out fully or have it tight against my back for complete support and this also pushes me a bit forward for a different position. For me, the added cost is absolutely worth every penny. Without the backrest, after a short period my back becomes sore and I need stretching. With the backrest, I can ride all day without discomfort. One of the best add-ons I always do to my bikes. Being able to do small adjustments while riding is a necessity for me. YMMV

Old 09-03-2014, 09:29 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

IMHO, the HD Adjustable is #1. It's nice to be able to change the backrest to different positions while rididng.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:49 AM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like the adjustable backrest, and to me it is worth the money. However, it is entirely too tall, even on its lowest setting, with the stock SG seat. I had it shortened by an inch, and plan to shorten it an inch or two more, so that it sits in my lower back instead of my middle back.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by maverick2076
I really like the adjustable backrest, and to me it is worth the money. However, it is entirely too tall, even on its lowest setting, with the stock SG seat. I had it shortened by an inch, and plan to shorten it an inch or two more, so that it sits in my lower back instead of my middle back.

Agree completely with maverick, I love the adjustability but being only 5'10" the stock height of the backrest was just about hitting my shoulder blades lol j/k. I chopped and rewelded mine and now its perfect. I highly recommend spending the extra for the adjustable on the fly model

Old 09-03-2014, 01:44 PM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Even at 6', that thing is too tall with the stock SG seat.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:44 AM
HarleyCamper
Road Master

You may want to consider the Utopia backrest too. I've got one on my SG... damn comfortable. Wouldn't take a long trip without it.
http://utpr.com/

Quick Reply: Best backrest.