Sponsored by:

reflection on me

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 03:16 PM
broncobob
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reflection on me

anybody have any issue with the chrome gas door and surrounding console chrome reflecting onto the windshield? i saw that the latest hog magazine is showing a black door and console is available now. i was just gonna get the door and paint it the color of the bike and i would hope that would solve my issue. the reflection is really bad and cause's me to almost go sun blind.
i know that i can't be the only one out there with this problem. i love the chrome but something has got to go. i'm open to any good ideas.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:21 PM
RK_2014
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What about the three compartment bag you mount on the windshield?

Old 09-16-2014, 05:10 PM
dpmerrill
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

I've been blinded by the light several times. About a month ago I put on the Windsplitter windshield, and I haven't had the problem since. I don't know if it's because the new windshield is a different angle, or I just haven't been lined up right with the sun since then.

I'm hoping the problem never comes back but if it does, I like the clean half-moon-hub-cap look of the fuel door so much I'll probably just live with it.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:27 PM
kipd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed out that reflective mirror like chome cover for the aftermarket kind that has more designs on it cutting down the reflection. I have been blinded a few times with direct sunlight reflected off it into my eyes lol....

Old 09-16-2014, 07:08 PM
nsdhoward45
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Default whozit

the only problem iv'e had with the chrome lid on the gas tank is when im out riding on a sunny day and i look down it looks like theirs some old fat guy riding my bike ---- whats up with that ?

Old 09-16-2014, 08:17 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

No problem here.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Jagpanzer
Advanced

I have a similar/related issue. I find that the front of the console (not the gas door) reflects the Infotainment system up onto the shield. Not a problem during the day but at night it puts the image right in my line of sight. I'm shorter and slouch so it's my bad angle of how I look through the shield that is the issue. Putting my hand on the front of the tank console makes it go away so I know that is where it is coming from.

I just ordered an 8" Freedom shield last night so I'm certain that will fix it as the current reflection is near the top. Also, I do have the windshield bags and was hoping they would stick out enough to block the light but they do not.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:43 PM
buzdean
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nsdhoward45
the only problem iv'e had with the chrome lid on the gas tank is when im out riding on a sunny day and i look down it looks like theirs some old fat guy riding my bike ---- whats up with that ?
that's a good one--thanks for the smile

Old 09-16-2014, 09:44 PM
RickLB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kipd
I changed out that reflective mirror like chome cover for the aftermarket kind that has more designs on it cutting down the reflection. I have been blinded a few times with direct sunlight reflected off it into my eyes lol....
Got a pic of it.?

Old 09-17-2014, 12:53 AM
Felix 808
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I switched mine out with this & love it

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...k-console-door

Quick Reply: reflection on me