Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Weather Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 06:14 PM
CaCruizin
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm looking forward to winter here and some cooler riding weather, I might even get to wear my new leather jacket that is 6 months old which has been too hot to wear!

Old 09-23-2014, 06:34 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

We have perfect riding weather ride now......actually pretty much all year long

Old 09-23-2014, 06:47 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

It was 93° on my way in this afternoon.

But I lived in Northern Michigan for a lot of years... Snow on the ground in October, and snow on the ground in May.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:14 PM
06SGWA
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not quite ready for the cold weather but I am looking forward to tearing the bike apart for winter mods.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:54 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
It was 93° on my way in this afternoon.

But I lived in Northern Michigan for a lot of years... Snow on the ground in October, and snow on the ground in May.
You must have been in the U.P, down here in se mich usually done around Thanksgiving,or if were lucky maybe 1st Dec. I usually try to get a couple short rides in over the winter months as long as the roads are dry and the driveways not all iced up.No heated gear here.Fall setting in early this year.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:59 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeman54
You must have been in the U.P, down here in se mich usually done around Thanksgiving,or if were lucky maybe 1st Dec. I usually try to get a couple short rides in over the winter months as long as the roads are dry and the driveways not all iced up.No heated gear here.Fall setting in early this year.
Snow belt in *******....

Saw snow every year for the 13 I lived there in September, didn't stick. MOST years had ground cover by Halloween... Usually gone by April, but always had snowfall in early May.

The snowmobiling and ice fishing was WAY better there than here in South Texas...

Old 09-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here in Texas the good riding weather has finally returned! I love this time of year when the humidity is low and the high temps are in the mid to upper 80's!

Old 09-25-2014, 08:54 AM
MDSledhead
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Snow belt in *******....

Saw snow every year for the 13 I lived there in September, didn't stick. MOST years had ground cover by Halloween... Usually gone by April, but always had snowfall in early May.

The snowmobiling and ice fishing was WAY better there than here in South Texas...
Don' t you miss it? Never rode the "tip of the mitt". Always crossed the bridge looking for more of the white stuff. Would love to take a bike ride up there in the summer.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:19 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HARLEY100TH
When I got on my bike to ride to work yesterday, it was 58 degrees. Not bad, but it was a bit chilly when I hit the highway at speeds of 80/85 MPH. But when I woke up this morning, it was a bone-chilling 39 degrees outside, and sadly, at the last minute before hitting the road I opted to jump into my comfy car instead. Now, I'm sitting in my office looking out the window filled with regret, while it warms up into the 50's.

You guys who live in the warmer climates have it made. The riding season here in north-western New Jersey comes and goes so fast, it makes your head spin. 5-months of comfortable riding (if you're lucky) and then 7 long months of wishing you lived somewhere warmer as you see your bike everyday collecting dust in the garage.

Yeah, I could have sucked it up this morning and toughed it out. Yes, i could buy heated hand grips and a heated seat to try to extend the season, but for what purpose? It's not like i am taking a cross-country trip where I would be on the bike all day. If this was the case, then I would invest in these things. But I am only commuting a 1/2-hour to work each way, and then the bike sits outside for 9 -to- 10 hours while I am trapped inside my office. So, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to put myself through the extra discomfort for such a brief period of time.

So it's a sad time for us northerners, as we see our season so quickly come to an end.
Here in AZ its just getting back to prime riding season again. The heat and humidity should be breaking soon.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:32 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Snow belt in *******....

This is the time of year to be here in Michigan,can't beat the fall colors,Great time to ride like anytime,but we know whats around the corner.Yes ice fishing is still good here . Don't think i could handle that summer heat Texas style

Quick Reply: This Weather Sucks!