2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2018 Sport Glides

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Hardcase61
Cruiser
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Sport glide with fxrs fairing

saw this on facebook and thought guys might like to see what a sport glide with a fxrs fairing looked like

The following users liked this post:
16Slim (03-21-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by fjoh
I put floorboards (and heel shifter) off of a FatBoy.
Straight bolt on. It was a bitch to replace the brake pedal (exhaust gets in the way....)

I know it deviates from “sporty” nature of a sport glide, but it sure is comfortable.
and I think it looks much nicer than any of the aftermarket options....

Board and heel shifter installed.

Brake side. It actually gave me better clearance behind the “touring” hard lower. Nice surprise.

They are moved out a bit using DK customs floorboard spacers. More comfortable than without the spacers.
Thinking of adding floorboards, and these are the only ones I've seen on a Sport Glide, and I think they look pretty good. A couple of questions, if I may: Did you buy them from HD? If so, are the mounts and floorboards separate purchases? Asking because I'm not seeing them on the HD site. Also, did you have to replace the shifter and brake pedal, or was that personal preference? That is, are they in different positions to the SG ones? How did you figure out that this would work? Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and about what was the total cost, if you remember...?

Edit2: Do they interfere at all with the jiffy stand?

Last edited by Belloc42; 02-14-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:14 PM
fjoh
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts

You could but parts from a dealer, piece by piece.. but it won’t be cheap for sure.

its a straight bolt on swap. nothing to be modified whatsoever.

Just taking off the pegs & brackets at the frame (2 bolts on each side)
swap the brake pedal.
install the floorboards with brackets.

thats all...

the hardest part of it was to find the parts, since I didn’t (and still don’t! Lol) have the money to order it from a dealer....

Last edited by fjoh; 02-14-2019 at 02:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Belloc42 (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Belloc42
Tourer

Originally Posted by fjoh
You could but parts from a dealer, piece by piece.. but it won’t be cheap for sure.

its a straight bolt on swap. nothing to be modified whatsoever.

Just taking off the pegs & brackets at the frame (2 bolts on each side)
swap the brake pedal.
install the floorboards with brackets.

thats all...

the hardest part of it was to find the parts, since I didn’t (and still don’t! Lol) have the money to order it from a dealer....
Thanks, fjoh, and for the additional info in the PM - super helpful!

Old 02-16-2019, 09:29 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 861 Likes on 466 Posts

Has anyone installed any type of rear crash bars / saddlebag guards (whatever term you choose to use) on a Sport Glide? I stopped by my local Harley shop today and asked the same question. All they did was open up the catalog, flip to the page with engine guards, look at fitment on the saddlebag guards, and tell me they only fit the Heritage (which I already new because I can read ). I was trying to determine if I could find a way for the Heritage rear guards to work on the Sport Glide...looking at the installation instructions on Harley's website seems to make me think they might work. They didn't have a set in stock for me to look at. Also, they said if I buy a set, and they don't fit, I wouldn't be able to take them back. I thought that was a little weird.

So before I start to design and fab up some make-shift solution, has anyone else came up with anything? Maybe I need to find a local (SW Ohio) Heritage owner that has the saddlebag guards and willing to meet up somewhere I could get a close-up look at their guards.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:52 PM
Daedalus1066
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
Has anyone installed any type of rear crash bars / saddlebag guards (whatever term you choose to use) on a Sport Glide? I stopped by my local Harley shop today and asked the same question. All they did was open up the catalog, flip to the page with engine guards, look at fitment on the saddlebag guards, and tell me they only fit the Heritage (which I already new because I can read ). I was trying to determine if I could find a way for the Heritage rear guards to work on the Sport Glide...looking at the installation instructions on Harley's website seems to make me think they might work. They didn't have a set in stock for me to look at. Also, they said if I buy a set, and they don't fit, I wouldn't be able to take them back. I thought that was a little weird.

So before I start to design and fab up some make-shift solution, has anyone else came up with anything? Maybe I need to find a local (SW Ohio) Heritage owner that has the saddlebag guards and willing to meet up somewhere I could get a close-up look at their guards.
do you mind me asking what tour pack that is you have mounted.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:26 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 861 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Daedalus1066

do you mind me asking what tour pack that is you have mounted.
The rack is a Holdfast Tour-Pak rack (Part# 50300192).
The top case is a Givi E52 case (52-liter).

I have passed the Givi top case on to a few bikes now...

Last edited by HuntWhenever; 02-16-2019 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added images
Old 02-16-2019, 11:03 PM
Daedalus1066
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
The rack is a Holdfast Tour-Pak rack (Part# 50300192).
The top case is a Givi E52 case (52-liter).

I have passed the Givi top case on to a few bikes now...

Thanks I have been looking at possibly trunks for my 19 FLSB, the wife won’t ride on the bike till I get a back rest...

i am am slow walking the back rest for now.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:43 PM
Belloc42
Tourer

Just posted this on the Sport Glide Seat thread, but thought I'd post here, too...

Update on the Corbin: A bit late, but I was waiting to get a decent pic of the seat - finally got the bike washed, and a nice day today. As I mentioned before, I specified softer foam than Corbin's standard. It's still firm, though not as firm as the Saddlemen Explorer, but firmer than the Mustang Touring Standard. It's a good compromise. The shape provides good support, both lower back and on the sides, where it's cupped. I like it a lot. The pillion seat is 2-3 inches wider than stock and less mushy, and my wife says she's very happy with it. It puts her a bit higher in relation to me, too, and that seems to be a plus. It is an inch or an inch-and-a-half lower and further back, which had more effect on the rider triangle than I expected. I was very happy with the basic position before, having come from standards. The new position wasn't bad, but I felt like it was straining my lower back a bit to lean further forward, so I picked up some 4" pull back risers from the forum (the stock risers are straight 2 1/2" - these are up 1 1/2" and back the same amount). Still deciding if I like that.

The seat itself fits both the Low Rider and the Sport Glide. The pictures on the the Corbin site show the seat on the Low Rider, and with the large chrome tank strap, it seems to fit well. The Sport Glide has the thin plastic strap however, so as you can see in my pics, it leaves a gap between the tank and the front of the seat. I emailed Corbin twice with pics about this, but never got a response (not that they could do anything about it other than designing a new seat pan). I know this is a deal-breaker for some people, which is why I'm being careful to point it out. I'm not crazy about it, but I'm not losing sleep over it either.

In any case, other than nailing down the handlebar situation, I'm really happy with the seat.

Last edited by Belloc42; 02-18-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:53 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Originally Posted by Belloc42

Just posted this on the Sport Glide Seat thread, but thought I'd post here, too...

Update on the Corbin: A bit late, but I was waiting to get a decent pic of the seat - finally got the bike washed, and a nice day today. As I mentioned before, I specified softer foam than Corbin's standard. It's still firm, though not as firm as the Saddlemen Explorer, but firmer than the Mustang Touring Standard. It's a good compromise. The shape provides good support, both lower back and on the sides, where it's cupped. I like it a lot. The pillion seat is 2-3 inches wider than stock and less mushy, and my wife says she's very happy with it. It puts her a bit higher in relation to me, too, and that seems to be a plus. It is an inch or an inch-and-a-half lower and further back, which had more effect on the rider triangle than I expected. I was very happy with the basic position before, having come from standards. The new position wasn't bad, but I felt like it was straining my lower back a bit to lean further forward, so I picked up some 4" pull back risers from the forum (the stock risers are straight 2 1/2" - these are up 1 1/2" and back the same amount). Still deciding if I like that.

The seat itself fits both the Low Rider and the Sport Glide. The pictures on the the Corbin site show the seat on the Low Rider, and with the large chrome tank strap, it seems to fit well. The Sport Glide has the thin plastic strap however, so as you can see in my pics, it leaves a gap between the tank and the front of the seat. I emailed Corbin twice with pics about this, but never got a response (not that they could do anything about it other than designing a new seat pan). I know this is a deal-breaker for some people, which is why I'm being careful to point it out. I'm not crazy about it, but I'm not losing sleep over it either.

In any case, other than nailing down the handlebar situation, I'm really happy with the seat.
I think not rubbing the paint off your tank is a good thing.

Quick Reply: 2018 Sport Glides