2018+ Softail Models Breakout

18 lowrider owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 464 Likes on 267 Posts

What lay down license plate frames are you guys running? I've got the Custom Dynamics Radius which I didn't realize requires a separate frame... all of their frames have LEDs. I don't need LEDs on my frame.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:48 PM
XXTHESANDMANXX
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo83
What lay down license plate frames are you guys running? I've got the Custom Dynamics Radius which I didn't realize requires a separate frame... all of their frames have LEDs. I don't need LEDs on my frame.
got mine from amazon 50.00 made for older dyna low riders but fits the three holes. I really like that is as flush as possible to the rear fender

The following users liked this post:
Gizmo83 (05-15-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 06:31 PM
porkster
HDF Community Team
Received 198 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by XXTHESANDMANXX
got mine from amazon 50.00 made for older dyna low riders but fits the three holes. I really like that is as flush as possible to the rear fender

Nice, hey what size are those bars? Did you need to change clutch and brake lines?

Old 05-14-2019, 06:40 PM
porkster
HDF Community Team
Received 198 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by XXTHESANDMANXX

just another pic . i got the RCX slip ons from a member here, to hold me through till i can get the pipes i really want. i took off the rear pegs . and installed some signal covers and brake light cover ,still got a lot to go before im done with this bike .
Hey what brand is your license plate holder? That's exactly what I'm looking for!

Old 05-14-2019, 06:58 PM
XXTHESANDMANXX
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by porkster
Nice, hey what size are those bars? Did you need to change clutch and brake lines?
those are 6inch monkey bars , no cable changes needed.

The following users liked this post:
porkster (05-14-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 08:42 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Was thinking about switching the gauge positions so the tach is on top. I think I look at and use the tach more often than the speedo.
Anybody ever have the dash off, can comment on if this is doable?

Old 05-18-2019, 09:27 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
Was thinking about switching the gauge positions so the tach is on top. I think I look at and use the tach more often than the speedo.
Anybody ever have the dash off, can comment on if this is doable?
The harness has preset locations for the connectors, without a lot of slack. Plus it had to feed power to the fuel pump. I didn’t examine it for that purpose, but I think it’ll be difficult to make them fit, reversed

However, as the gauges are canbus, it may very well be that they are using the same connectors and circuits, so you may very well be able to switch positions and use the other plugs. Check out the wiring diagram, see if it’s gauge specific or just Can data. Power and Ground?

In in any case, the console comes off with two screws and each gauge is held on with two nuts, A 5min job to open it up...

Old 05-18-2019, 09:58 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
The harness has preset locations for the connectors, without a lot of slack. Plus it had to feed power to the fuel pump. I didn’t examine it for that purpose, but I think it’ll be difficult to make them fit, reversed

However, as the gauges are canbus, it may very well be that they are using the same connectors and circuits, so you may very well be able to switch positions and use the other plugs. Check out the wiring diagram, see if it’s gauge specific or just Can data. Power and Ground?

In in any case, the console comes off with two screws and each gauge is held on with two nuts, A 5min job to open it up...
Good info, thank you.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:43 PM
ole_phart
Road Master

Received 584 Likes on 364 Posts

You may already have 'em but get yourself some tee handle allen wrenches, it'll make it much easier getting to those tiny screws that hold the gages in. Like Mchad said, the speedo cable doesn't have enough slack to use in the rear position. Maybe give his idea a try or, extend the cable a few inches.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:52 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ole_phart
You may already have 'em but get yourself some tee handle allen wrenches, it'll make it much easier getting to those tiny screws that hold the gages in. Like Mchad said, the speedo cable doesn't have enough slack to use in the rear position. Maybe give his idea a try or, extend the cable a few inches.
I was out today for almost 3 hours, mostly around town and country roads. 752 miles on the clock so far and getting used to the gauge placement. Most of this years adjustments for looks, comfort and safety have been made, think I'll just ride and enjoy, bike is a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: 18 lowrider owners