2018+ Softail Models Breakout

18 lowrider owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 12:36 PM
SS Twin
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Twin
Dan, will do. Hope to get a good ride in this weekend, and will take the Allen wrench needed to make height and tilt angle adjustments if necessary. Stay tuned.
Hi Dan; rode about 40 miles this morning and am still very pleased! Made NO adjustments! Easy, comfortable cruising at 65-70. No head buffeting, minimal air on my chest with just a bit of wind rush around my neck and shoulders. I could ride many miles like that with no discomfort.

Took it to 85-90 a couple of times and only got a bit of turbulence and noise at my helmet. Still not head rattling or eye blurring! Also was able to keep the shield on my Shoei FR Air cracked open one click with no real effect. Still quiet and comfortable with a bit of welcome air inside the helmet.

So, overall, I really like it and do recommend it as a good windbreak/protection solution while being very unobtrusive looks-wise.

Old 06-28-2020, 02:12 PM
ss3964spd
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks for the detailed report, Steve, greatly appreciated. I'm in; if you have the make/model number handy I'd appreciate that, too. I've got the same Shoei, really nice helmet.

Spent some time and money at the local Harley dealer yesterday, then time in the garage. Rode for a couple of hours today.

Old 06-28-2020, 03:38 PM
Dcashskater
Advanced
Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Finally installed the 508 Fueling cam and the S&S pump and plate setup.

Last edited by Dcashskater; 06-28-2020 at 03:43 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Dcashskater:
FattyMcJ (06-30-2020), Gorion (06-28-2020), Lu (06-29-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Gorion
Tourer

Received 336 Likes on 192 Posts

Beautiful.

Old 06-28-2020, 04:13 PM
SS Twin
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ss3964spd
Thanks for the detailed report, Steve, greatly appreciated. I'm in; if you have the make/model number handy I'd appreciate that, too. I've got the same Shoei, really nice helmet.

Spent some time and money at the local Harley dealer yesterday, then time in the garage. Rode for a couple of hours today.

Nice, looks like we are twins! And I am a twin, LOL. Anyway here is the link (Revzilla): https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ield?rrec=true

Get the mounting kit (on the same page for the 7/8 to 1" bars). Easy to install, and the parts/HW are of high quality. Reach out to me if you have any questions.

Nice mods you got too; you know it never ends. Which dealer are you using? Patriot in Falls Church?

Old 06-29-2020, 08:59 AM
ss3964spd
Tourer

Small world, I'm also a twin.

Thanks for the link and the details for the screen, Steve, much appreciated.

Yes, Patriots HD, but they're located in Fairfax, luckily only about 20 minutes from me. They've got a nice store there and most of the staff seem pretty decent. The service department guy insisted on not charging me for only 5 minutes of time to flash the BCM for the new LED's so they'll keep my business unless/until they give me a reason otherwise.

I know, the mods are unending. Most all of what I've done so far are what I consider functional, but am trying to decide if I want to change the pipes.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:36 AM
AJ88V
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by ss3964spd
Small world, I'm also a twin.

Thanks for the link and the details for the screen, Steve, much appreciated.

Yes, Patriots HD, but they're located in Fairfax, luckily only about 20 minutes from me. They've got a nice store there and most of the staff seem pretty decent. The service department guy insisted on not charging me for only 5 minutes of time to flash the BCM for the new LED's so they'll keep my business unless/until they give me a reason otherwise.

I know, the mods are unending. Most all of what I've done so far are what I consider functional, but am trying to decide if I want to change the pipes.
Looks like we're neighbors. Found Patriot to be very good for repair parts - both ordering and prices almost as good as online, esp. after shipping. We should go riding sometime.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:25 PM
ss3964spd
Tourer

Originally Posted by AJ88V
Looks like we're neighbors. Found Patriot to be very good for repair parts - both ordering and prices almost as good as online, esp. after shipping. We should go riding sometime.
I don't have any real complaints with them so far, AJ, except for what I feel is a bit too long for them to get parts in. I've had to order a few things that were not in stock, still waiting on my rear spring pre-load adjustment wrench in fact, which was ordered over a week ago. As far as pricing goes, for genuine Harley accessories - like the lock for the detachable sissy bar and luggage rack, I think Harley controls those prices. No "deals" to be found anywhere.

Would be good to get out for a ride sometime, if ya don't mind riding with an old fart. LOL. I'm out near FFX Co PKWY and 29.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:54 PM
Herrick
Road Captain
Received 195 Likes on 121 Posts

Anyone have a problem with sunlight reflecting off chrome? Some times I cannot see if my turn signals are on in the speedometer because of all the sunlight. It's annoying when I'm getting off the highway and need to merge into another lane with these self canceling signals. Not a fan of having to hold in the turn signal button while braking and downshifting.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:04 PM
Redwally
Advanced
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Herrick
Anyone have a problem with sunlight reflecting off chrome? Some times I cannot see if my turn signals are on in the speedometer because of all the sunlight. It's annoying when I'm getting off the highway and need to merge into another lane with these self canceling signals. Not a fan of having to hold in the turn signal button while braking and downshifting.
Yes went black. I got used to the signals they work ok

Quick Reply: 18 lowrider owners