2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2019 Street Bob Exhaust S&S or Bassani

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 09:08 PM
frankmiguel81
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 Street Bob Exhaust S&S or Bassani

So have been going back and forth with the Bassani and S&S Super Street (Race Only Pipe) 2-1. I have seen 1 picture with the Bassani on the FXBB but I haven't been able to find any pictures or videos of the S&S Exhaust on 2018 or 2019 Street Bob. Does anyone have one of these setups? know some one that does and can give me some much needed advise? Would also like to know about clearance, sound and fitment on each exhaust.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:11 PM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

First is warranty a concern ? Mate I know Bassani has made 3 revisions to their 2 into 1 to make it the best it can be performance wise.Some guys were scraping the earlier Bassani's though. S@S always make a good thing but that pipe will be loud and draw the crabs I reckon.

Sorry but these guys are top shelf too , a little bit expensive but a quality product. https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/ These guys might be loud too but if you're going that way.

Peace to you.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:21 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Originally Posted by Agoober
First is warranty a concern ? Mate I know Bassani has made 3 revisions to their 2 into 1 to make it the best it can be performance wise.Some guys were scraping the earlier Bassani's though. S@S always make a good thing but that pipe will be loud and draw the crabs I reckon.

Sorry but these guys are top shelf too , a little bit expensive but a quality product. https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/ These guys might be loud too but if you're going that way.

Peace to you.
Why will that pipe be loud?

Old 03-22-2019, 12:36 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
Why will that pipe be loud?
Says race only so I 'm thinking it might be loud.

Peace.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:40 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Originally Posted by Agoober
Says race only so I 'm thinking it might be loud.

Peace.
The S&S race is just minus the CAT. Still has the "Removable dB reducer (included) meets SAE J2825 sound standard"
The S&S even without the dB reducer is probably quieter than the other two exhausts mentioned.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:46 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

I'll tell u what... The S&S sounds quite a bit deeper and performs better than the Bassani I had on my Fat Bob 114. I have the race version and with the dB reducer in the pipe it's not quite as loud as the Bassani was. I chopped down the length of my dB reducer and it sounds great and still has the low end torque. It pulls harder all the way through the RPMs over the stock pipes and my Bassani.

Without the reducer the pipe sounded even better but it was too loud for my ears. Quite a bit louder than the Bassani to my ears anyway. The droning was pretty bad while cruising. The pipe didn't perform as well without the reducer in but wasn't horrible. About the same as the Bassani.

The Bassani lost a bit down low to the stock pipes but pulled hard after about 3000 RPM. It sounded great but beware of the header routing on the model you get if you go with Bassani. I was one of those that was scraping my front header pipe in the corners. That was my only gripe about the Bassani Road Rage and only reason I decided to switch. Glad I did! If you go with Bassani I was looking at the 1S92RB (Black) and 1S92SS (stainless steel) model. It sits higher than the 1S52SS model I was running. Not sure if they make a version of this model that fits the Street Bob or not though. They are pictured below for comparison.

I can't help you on the clearance for the Street Bob or with pics but I can say I love the S&S Superstreet that's for sure!

Last edited by Bowhunter8607; 03-22-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:21 PM
frankmiguel81
Novice

Warranty is an issues that is why i purchased the screaming eagle extreme filter and tuner from them. Exhaust is fine as long as i keep the stock in case something does happen (per service manager at my local HD dealer).

Old 03-22-2019, 11:47 PM
frankmiguel81
Novice

Thanks for the great info Bowhunter. I am really leaning towards the S&S....they seem to be better quality and they seem to have been around for ever.

Bassani- PROS; perfect length and the exhaust tip has good contrast. CONS; a lot of info out there regarding there clearance and some info out there regarding broken brackets. Also, not sure what it looks like or if the clearance will be enough for me not to scape.

S&S- PROS; quality seems to be superb. HD dealer raves about them. you seem to love them over Bassani :-). the finish seems to be better the Bassani. CONS; uncertainty of the brake pedal lever (cosmic and use). length is a bit farther then I would like. very little review on the internet or you tube and NONE on FXBBs.

I did find the same model number for the FXBB that you stated to get for clearance but not sure if they will be the same as shown on picture from website.

I have a few questions on the S&S; I would have to get the brake S&S lever pedal extender for my mid controls. do you know anything about that? I don't think you had to get it because looks like you have forwards controls.
where did you get your S&S at? I have only found 1 site (fuelmoto.com) that has the "race only" exhaust for sale right now.

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:41 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by frankmiguel81
Thanks for the great info Bowhunter. I am really leaning towards the S&S....they seem to be better quality and they seem to have been around for ever.

Bassani- PROS; perfect length and the exhaust tip has good contrast. CONS; a lot of info out there regarding there clearance and some info out there regarding broken brackets. Also, not sure what it looks like or if the clearance will be enough for me not to scape.

S&S- PROS; quality seems to be superb. HD dealer raves about them. you seem to love them over Bassani :-). the finish seems to be better the Bassani. CONS; uncertainty of the brake pedal lever (cosmic and use). length is a bit farther then I would like. very little review on the internet or you tube and NONE on FXBBs.

I did find the same model number for the FXBB that you stated to get for clearance but not sure if they will be the same as shown on picture from website.

I have a few questions on the S&S; I would have to get the brake S&S lever pedal extender for my mid controls. do you know anything about that? I don't think you had to get it because looks like you have forwards controls.
where did you get your S&S at? I have only found 1 site (fuelmoto.com) that has the "race only" exhaust for sale right now.

The quality of my Bassani seems to be pretty decent. The S&S is superb though as you stated. I got mine from Fuel Moto. All I know about the brake lever is just that it's a different brake lever needed to fit the pipe with mids. Forum member Mchad got the EPA Superstreet for his Lowrider so he could probably give you more information on the brake lever if he's so inclined to do so.

I will tell you that I'm willing to bet that you will not be disappointed with the Superstreet pipes. No need to be sorry for asking questions man. That's what we're all here for. To seek information when needed and give it when we can.

Last edited by Bowhunter8607; 03-23-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:43 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,513 Likes on 2,134 Posts

Originally Posted by frankmiguel81

FuelMoto can get the EPA version, you just have to ask them. You can also order direct from S&S, and my HD dealer ordered mine for me. Shouldn’t be hard to find. Re: Pedal. I actually like it a lot. It’s a good position, it’s black and the pad gives it a bit more gription on your shoe. Plus it’s black.

I had every intent to pick up a Race only muffler, but honestly, mine sounds so good, and the performance is a considerable improvement over the Tab Slip Ons I had on the stock pipes, I’m probably not going to change it out. I’m not a crazy loud pipe kind of guy, and imo the S&S even with the quiet baffle is plenty loud enough for me. It seems only a little quieter then the Road Rage (w/their quiet baffle) on my FXR).

I love it.

Quick Reply: 2019 Street Bob Exhaust S&S or Bassani