Bluetooth audio

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 03:10 PM
hypecat
Tourer
Received 136 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Bluetooth audio

Hello,

I just picked up a new 2021 FLHC Heritage Classic (came off of a 2017 Ultra Classic) and am looking for a decent way to get music back.

I'm thinking of using bluetooth earbuds for me and my passenger, we typically wear half helmets.

Any advice on a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 09-27-2021, 06:45 PM
Deal Breaker
Club Member
Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats on the new FLHC! I have Sena SRL in my Neotec II helmet that's synced to my phone that I can use for music, but I don't often do it. However, unless the phone is plugged in listening to music drains the battery relatively quickly.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:56 PM
LaRSin
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

I have Sena Calvary Helmet Blue toothed to my garmin zumo xt and listen to my music from there , It's wired to AC , I can also read messages from it or take calls when gps connected to my phone .

Old 09-28-2021, 04:22 AM
hypecat
Tourer
Received 136 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LaRSin
I have Sena Calvary Helmet Blue toothed to my garmin zumo xt and listen to my music from there , It's wired to AC , I can also read messages from it or take calls when gps connected to my phone .
They seem to be out of stock everywhere, are they a new product?

How does it work?

Old 09-28-2021, 06:58 AM
ajclassic
Cruiser
Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

I know you said you wear a half helmet. But if you ever consider a 3/4 helmet a good bluetooth setup is the Domio motorsport device. I wear a modular myself, and that device is a winner. Very clear and crisp sound at all speeds.

Old 09-28-2021, 07:38 AM
LaRSin
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hypecat
They seem to be out of stock everywhere, are they a new product?

How does it work?
yes the Calvary helmet is hard to get , maybe they have stopped making them , But the main thing for me is the Zumo XT , It's where I store all mp3 's , and my phone runs through it , for calls and messages and music , You can attach any blue tooth device to it .

Old 09-28-2021, 07:59 AM
El Mago
Cruiser
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

I tried 3-4 wireless earbuds before I found a pair that worked well with my open face helmet. Due to wind noise and fatigue with that setup I went with a Neotec 2 modular and the Cardo Freecom 4+. I ride solo 90% of the time so don’t need the communication part of the Cardo system but having the voice activation/control is really handy and works well (next track, change volume, etc). The sound quality is really good (for what it is) and most importantly, it’s comfortable. Helmet on/off is no different than w/o a speaker setup.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:42 PM
pjbuilder
Cruiser
Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Going on my 5th year with Cardo Packtalk Bold in previous generation Shoei full face GT Air. Has JBL speakers and the helmet has speaker pockets. I have no idea how it would work with half helmet . The Packtalk will accept wired ear buds and I tried them but damn near ripped my ears off taking off the helmet so stayed with the speakers.
I have no issues with the Cardo. Battery in the Cardo has lasted all day on a 12 hour ride and I keep the phone plugged in whenever I ride. Phone is always up to 100 percent power after riding for a relatively short time so the draw on the phone is not that much. I occasionally take calls while riding. Most people have no idea I'm riding when they call. You can use the buttons on the cardo for commands or you can go hands free and speak commands. I have a batwing aftermarket fairing on my Sport Glide and went back to stock exhaust ( I'm getting old ) so volume at any speed is a non issue. I would buy another one without hesitation.