Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-H

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 02:04 PM
gja
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 49 Posts

OK. Apparently, the Nano 5 is not compatible with this unit. I was able to bluetooth my ipad to the unit and all played fine. Wonder if it's the type of charging plug with the Nano 5?

Will keep trying and get an answer eventually.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:07 PM
InTheWinda1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vhmike73
I'd be interested in the functionality and the readability of the display in sunlight. Also, if you have an iPhone 6 Plus, I'm DEFINITELY interested in knowing how well (if at all) it fits internally!

BTW: Dragonfly Cycle is running a special on this deck through 7/21/15- also $499 (see this FB post)
So do you think its louder then the Harley 160 watt under tour pak amp ?
JIM

Old 07-26-2015, 05:08 PM
InTheWinda1
Advanced
Default louder

Originally Posted by pjones1969
Recd. and installed mine today......

Install was a breeze, the search function did not work as described with my usb flash drive (must be a formatting issue) but it worked as described with the iPhone via Bluetooth so I'm just going to use it that way until I can figure it out, I actually prefer the bluetooth since you get album artwork on the color screen instead of a usb icon

JIM

Old 07-26-2015, 06:37 PM
pjones1969
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-H

Originally Posted by InTheWinda1
JIM
I don't have that amp, I have an older Hogtunes 24.2 amp in the fairing, it is noticeably louder than the stock head unit for sure

Old 07-28-2015, 02:38 AM
131IRONMIKE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wonder how it would sound behind a BT 2180 with some 7.1's?????
I have beed lookin for a Differant radio also one with out a flip face they just seem to have issue's

My Sony radio's just don't seem to hold up in my bike,they just stop working,I think the Hopped up motors send more Vib's out or something

Last edited by 131IRONMIKE; 07-28-2015 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:19 PM
gja
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 49 Posts

Got everything buttoned up last night. Radio plays as advertised. Bluetooth works very well. Connected an ipad mini from the saddlebag and sound quality was good. Can scroll through the songs on the play list. I haven't played with it enough to see if scrolling through various playlists is doable through the handlebars.

As far as tray size, Aquatic states it will take an iphone 6+. I have a Droid Maxx and it fits nicely even with the protective case. If you have a Nano or other small ipod device, the side arms for the tray do not close enough to hold them in place. I had to tyewrap the Nano in place.

Ended up with JL Audio 6.5 speakers. I didn't get the end results I had hoped for. Was looking for something that would out do the stock setup. It does, but not as much gain as I thought I would get. There is an amp in my future definitely. I don't think this unit puts out the claimed 45W @ 4 Ohm except in a perfect world.

For those asking about the screen, "fugetaboutit". Screen is completely useless with any sun hitting it. Should be able to get a good tan on the face though .

Gonna play with it some more over the weekend. Will report back. Overall, I'm happy but not ecstatic. There are still improvements to be had. Add an amp, and I think this unit would be a winner.

EDIT: I have been playing around with volumes. I discovered that the ipad via bluetooth doesn't play as loud as the radio by itself. With Bluetooth, the volume could be cranked to setting 32 before distortion started. With just the radio, I got up to only 21-23 before distortion started and it seemed much louder than the Bluetooth configuration also.

Last edited by gja; 08-01-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-02-2015, 06:26 AM
InTheWinda1
Advanced
Default loudness

Originally Posted by gja
Got everything buttoned up last night. Radio plays as advertised. Bluetooth works very well. Connected an ipad mini from the saddlebag and sound quality was good. Can scroll through the songs on the play list. I haven't played with it enough to see if scrolling through various playlists is doable through the handlebars.

As far as tray size, Aquatic states it will take an iphone 6+. I have a Droid Maxx and it fits nicely even with the protective case. If you have a Nano or other small ipod device, the side arms for the tray do not close enough to hold them in place. I had to tyewrap the Nano in place.

Ended up with JL Audio 6.5 speakers. I didn't get the end results I had hoped for. Was looking for something that would out do the stock setup. It does, but not as much gain as I thought I would get. There is an amp in my future definitely. I don't think this unit puts out the claimed 45W @ 4 Ohm except in a perfect world.

For those asking about the screen, "fugetaboutit". Screen is completely useless with any sun hitting it. Should be able to get a good tan on the face though .

Gonna play with it some more over the weekend. Will report back. Overall, I'm happy but not ecstatic. There are still improvements to be had. Add an amp, and I think this unit would be a winner.

EDIT: I have been playing around with volumes. I discovered that the ipad via bluetooth doesn't play as loud as the radio by itself. With Bluetooth, the volume could be cranked to setting 32 before distortion started. With just the radio, I got up to only 21-23 before distortion started and it seemed much louder than the Bluetooth configuration also.

loudness in order 1 radio 2 cd 3 aux 4 Bluetooth
JIM

Last edited by InTheWinda1; 08-02-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: change
Old 08-02-2015, 06:31 AM
InTheWinda1
Advanced

Originally Posted by InTheWinda1
loudness in order 1 radio 2 cd 3 aux 4 Bluetooth
JIM

that is using decibel meter.
JIM

Old 08-04-2015, 11:22 AM
binford6100
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Has anyone tried a USB flash drive yet?

I have a 32GB drive connected to the head unit with a ton of music on it. The files themselves are in nested folders:

ARTIST\ALBUM\SONG

They will play just fine but the search function doesn't seem to work. When I press the search button, the current album that was in play shows up but none of the others. I'm guessing the problem is either related to the nested folders or something in the MP3 tag?

The song title shows up just fine, minus the album art of course. Anyone tried something similar and got this to work?

TIA,

Ken

Old 08-07-2015, 09:06 PM
InTheWinda1
Advanced
Default Remove

Originally Posted by pjones1969
Recd. and installed mine today......

Install was a breeze, the search function did not work as described with my usb flash drive (must be a formatting issue) but it worked as described with the iPhone via Bluetooth so I'm just going to use it that way until I can figure it out, I actually prefer the bluetooth since you get album artwork on the color screen instead of a usb icon

Did you have to remove your chrome trim around radio , to be able to remove radio face to utilize compartment behind it ?
thanx
JIM

Quick Reply: Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-H