Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio Systems (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/)
-   -   Biketronics new Line-Leveler for Rushmore Bikes? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems/1078644-biketronics-new-line-leveler-for-rushmore-bikes.html)

SBates08 11-04-2015 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by TOFTS (Post 14545780)
I just ordered a amp and speakers yesterday question is should or do i need the line lever? Is there a forum discount i missed? I ordered a four channel amp and two premium speakers no kit for that set up.. I just might want to add rear speakers later. Was told no flash was needed with new system

If you placed your order online if give Bill a call and make sure the LL is included and that your discount was applied.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Bertk 11-04-2015 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products (Post 14544280)
Any more info about this harness? Price? Availability?Thanks!

If you give BT a call they will make you a break-out harness. You will have to ask them about pricing.

Shadowray 11-05-2015 05:33 AM

I am new owner of a 2015 and was completely lost with all the flash talk before I read this thread. Thank you to everyone for your info and thank you Bill for making this product, I just placed an order.

Biketronics Inc 11-05-2015 11:37 AM

Hi,

We (as in me) are still working on getting the new break-out harness up on our website and figuring pricing. I will make a kit with it and two Line Levelers for the Ultras soon. Been buried the last week or so and can't seem to get it done.

Anyone that orders a amp kit for the new bikes will get everything they need, including the Line Levelers.

If you already installed everything and lost bass/treble/fader etc you can get flashed back to stock to turn those back on and use one, I think it is better sounding - probably just because you get your bass/treble functional so you can set it up for your music and hardware. But it is not usually going to be a massive difference, in some cases you will be trading a little higher distortion for the ability to set those how you want.

It also makes a difference when you got your system done, some setups from more than a year ago that have not been touched by HD since sound really great, and have bass/treble control still. I have had a couple guys do it with recent installs that said it is much better though. Sorry if this is vague, there are a lot of variables so I can't really say 100% one way or the other.

Bill

Lvjunior 11-06-2015 07:45 PM

i installed the BT-355 wednesday and it is sweet. It fixed all my problems and it sounds great now and is plenty loud. I had previously tried all the flashes. I now have full control of bass and treble and it sounds full and clean

Bertk 11-06-2015 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lvjunior (Post 14553763)
i installed the BT-355 wednesday and it is sweet. It fixed all my problems and it sounds great now and is plenty loud. I had previously tried all the flashes. I now have full control of bass and treble and it sounds full and clean

What software update do you have?
And did you flash back to stock before installing the LL?

Lvjunior 11-06-2015 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bertk (Post 14553958)

Not sure on the software but it is a 2016 road glide so I am sure it is the latest one.

It has the 2 speaker no amp flash in it now.

sponger 11-07-2015 12:52 AM

Deleted

JimTJr 11-07-2015 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bertk (Post 14553958)

I had a PM with Bill on this, he said you have to go back to Stock BIN flash, the software update on the whole HU doesn't seem to matter at all. But our flashes we were doing for the Binary file has to go back to stock. Now I had two speakers no amp, he said mine should be 4 speakers, amp and make sure fader is enabled. Too bad we can't just "Reset" HU and get the stock program back. I already told my parts person at the local HD dealer, (She's AMMO in my unit) that I'd be back to get reflashed again.

Bertk 11-07-2015 08:53 AM

To Lvjunior and JimTJr, the bike has never been flashed by the dealer so I should be good there.
I was wondering if software updates made a difference. It currently has version 1.18.2. I think it came with version 1.18.1 and I updated it once. The system sounded good and did not want to loose that and possibly other functions. Once the BT speakers are installed along with the LL's I am going to update to version 1.19.1.1 and see what happens.