Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace Jensen HDBT1 with Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-H?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 01:16 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Replace Jensen HDBT1 with Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-H?

Hi guys, I have a Jensen HDBT1 that I picked up right when they came out about 2 years ago. At the time, I added some J&M Front Speakers, then a J&M 4 channel amp, then last year I added some saddle bag speaker lids. I've been pretty happy with the setup. The Bluetooh streaming could be a little louder I guess, and any time my phone rings while I'm riding while streaming via Bluetooth, the phone automatically answers, but anyway... My biggest complaint is that the Jensen looks a bit dated, and when people see the name Jensen they just roll their eyes dismissively, no matter how quickly you can blurt out the story of ASA Electronics...My question is this - Is it really worth it for me to dump the Jensen and replace it with the Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-H? Am I really gaining anything other than a better looking unit? I'm going to take a serious hit on selling the Jensen unit too...So what do you guys think? Is it worth doing?

Old 04-22-2016, 01:40 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by hAkron
Hi guys, I have a Jensen HDBT1 that I picked up right when they came out about 2 years ago. At the time, I added some J&M Front Speakers, then a J&M 4 channel amp, then last year I added some saddle bag speaker lids. I've been pretty happy with the setup. The Bluetooh streaming could be a little louder I guess, and any time my phone rings while I'm riding while streaming via Bluetooth, the phone automatically answers, but anyway... My biggest complaint is that the Jensen looks a bit dated, and when people see the name Jensen they just roll their eyes dismissively, no matter how quickly you can blurt out the story of ASA Electronics...My question is this - Is it really worth it for me to dump the Jensen and replace it with the Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5UBT-H? Am I really gaining anything other than a better looking unit? I'm going to take a serious hit on selling the Jensen unit too...So what do you guys think? Is it worth doing?
Like the story goes "it's all pink inside".
I would stay with what you have for now.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:18 PM
G E E
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm looking at radios now and from everything I've read the Aquita AV not on the list . Looks good but reviews say stay away. I'm looking at Sony 70BT and Kenwood 998 , kenwood Is not marine so Sony maybe it.
Don't worry about what others think about what there not paying for...........

Old 04-22-2016, 05:06 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,137 Likes on 764 Posts

I have a Aquatic AV. I know there are HU with finer audio adjustments to really dial in the sound but I am really happy with mine. Everything works on perfectly. Its really nice to store the phone inside the radio and charge it while playing spotify or pandora.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:23 PM
hAkron
Road Captain

Well, I didn't exactly get the encouragement I was hoping for, but I went for it anyway. Anybody in the market for a gently used Jensen HD1BT radio?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:31 PM
hAkron
Road Captain

Got the Aquatic AV unit installed. I like the color display and the simplified interface. I don't know that I would store my phone inside of the radio, so that maybe isn't such an advantage for me, but it looks cooler than the Jensen.

I put the Jensen on eBay today and sold it for just a shade under $300.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:07 PM
huntersot
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you still have the same speaker and amp set up, and how does it sound compared to the jensen?

Old 04-29-2016, 07:33 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

send me a pm

Old 04-29-2016, 07:49 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

send me a pm

Old 05-02-2016, 06:16 AM
hAkron
Road Captain

Originally Posted by huntersot
do you still have the same speaker and amp set up, and how does it sound compared to the jensen?
I'm using the same amp and speaker, and everything sounds just as good as it did before.