Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kappa's and diamond micro4v2

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 01:10 PM
RWood
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kappa's and diamond micro4v2

I am wanting to upgrade my amp and speakers on my 2015 ultra limited. I am new to this forum and have been reading lots of info on amp and speaker choice. I just want to be sure I am going like what I purchase.
I am thinking about the infinity kappa 62.11 speakers with the diamond micro4v2 amp.
Will this be a good combination in my ultra?
Will I loose fm reception with this amp?
Where is the best place to buy this amp and speakers?

My other thought is same speakers with 2 pbr300x2.
Which would be the best combo?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by RWood; 05-10-2016 at 01:31 PM. Reason: left some out
Old 05-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

The newer bikes have a very good track record in regard to losing FM with the class D amps. Pretty confident you will maintain your FM with this combo and yes the micro 4 with the infinity kappas is a great combo for your scoot. If you can afford to upgrade the speakers. Go with the Focal KRC's in the fairing. Contact forum member LL247 for pricing.

Last edited by Gannicus; 05-10-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:11 PM
RWood
6th Gear

I looked at Focal but I sure can't do the krc. Would I be better off with the focal 165ac or the kappas?
The forum won't let me pm LL247.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by RWood
I looked at Focal but I sure can't do the krc. Would I be better off with the focal 165ac or the kappas?
The forum won't let me pm LL247.
I think you need at least 10 post before you can PM. Build up your post count and then you should have PM rights. If the KRC's are out of range budget wise. I'd go with the Kappa's.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:45 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

run a search on here. You will need to mount the kappas on the inside of the pod or else they will tear. The Micro4 is a nice amp, the Kappas are average/above average speakers. If I was going to use them, I'd try to find a B54 instead and save some cash there. Very similar amps.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:50 PM
RWood
6th Gear

I have looked for the B54. I keep getting that it was discontinued. Money was part of the reason I was looking at mounting 2 pbr300 amps. But it looks like it would not save me much. I don't have a problem wiring what I need to I am going to build the harnesses I need for the speakers and amp. They are expensive if you buy them already made.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:53 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Yeah it cost pennies to wire it up on your own. The B54 and B52 are discontinued but just recently could still be found at a decent price.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

I have looked for the B54. I keep getting that it was discontinued. Money was part of the reason I was looking at mounting 2 pbr300 amps. But it looks like it would not save me much. I don't have a problem wiring what I need to I am going to build the harnesses I need for the speakers and amp. They are expensive if you buy them already made.
The B54 can be found on
Amazon Amazon
for just under $200. You will also want 2 Biketronics http://www.biketronics.com/bt355-hd-radio-line-leveler-and-pre-amp-adapter-for-2014-and-up/ to get good sound out of the stock HU. To keep the install plug & play you will need the Biketronics Breakout Harness. With the forum discount this would add around $200. As Haze mentioned the Kappa's will need to be installed within the stock front speaker pods, below is a video. To install the Kappa's in the tourpak pods you will need 1/2" spacers. These can be found cheep on
Amazon Amazon

The following users liked this post:
Kenbow (11-18-2017)
Old 05-10-2016, 05:58 PM
RWood
6th Gear

Don't really care about plug and play. I will build the harnesses I need so I don't have to cut wires.
I work on bikes part time and have the ability to flash the radio. Do I still need the line leveler if I flash the hu?
Thanks for the video.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Don't really care about plug and play. I will build the harnesses I need so I don't have to cut wires.
I work on bikes part time and have the ability to flash the radio. Do I still need the line leveler if I flash the hu?
Thanks for the video.
The problem with the Ultras are there is no rear speaker connections to tie into. Biketronics had a breakout harness that connects into the the back of the HU and connects to the harness. You could run speaker wire direct to the rear speakers from the amp but you would loose the ability to fade. I spliced into the rear speaker wires in the harness that connects to the HU without issue.

I do not know of a reliable flash that works. That's not to say there isn't one, out there but I haven't seen one. The most successful method I know of getting the best sound out of the stock HD Rushmore radio is to use the BT Line Levelers, stock flash, and software version 1.19.0.

Here's a pic of the BT breakout harness.

Attached Thumbnails kappa's and diamond micro4v2-bo-harness.jpg  

Quick Reply: kappa's and diamond micro4v2