Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Build Complete

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 11:51 AM
scani6
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Budget Build Complete

First off, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum, and the experts for providing great advice. Shout out to Gannicus, because this is almost an entire system based on his recommendations.

Second, I think this is a pretty great system for the money. However, I wanted to do a price break down by piece, so others could get a true cost of replacement. Hopefully, this will help people realize, there is no "cheap" system. You have a Harley. Cheap is just that, cheap in price, quality, and outcome. Think of it as an investment in additional enjoyment!

Lastly, thanks to SLYDOG for the sticky on setting amp gains. And BERTK, for posting the head unit settings. Because, a system is worthless with out great tuning.

Bike: 2009 Ultra Classic

Kenwood KMR-765BT, Scosche install kit, & Scosche HDSWC1: Ebay $200
Amp: Soundstream PN4.1000D: Amazon $127
Front Speakers: Used BT 7.1 (Non Pro) Bare from forum: $125+$14 shipping
BT front speaker adapters: New from Biketronics $50
Rear Speakers: Kicker 41KSC674: Amazon $72
Stinger RCA's: Amazon $12
Speaker wire 14 ga: Amazon $18
Kicker amp kit: Amazon $30
Harbor Freight Soldering iron: $4
Solder: $8

Grand total is $660

I had a pretty good idea how much all this was going to cost, and actually had been watching prices and buying bits of it for months.

As for install time. I'm not going to lie and say it took me a couple beers over a couple hours. Realistically, it took me about a week (working on it for a couple hours most nights after work). I'm very **** about my work, so every connection was soldered and heat shrunk, and all wires were secured and most wire loom wrapped.

Additionally, while I had it apart, I thought it would be a good time to change the gauge lights:

Overall, well worth the time and investment.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:25 PM
threedeuce5
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like a good deal and the gauges look awesome. Post a vid when you have a chance.

Also, how do you like your SS amp? I'm getting ready to install one this weekend in my Limited.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:11 PM
rhartlin
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much for the gauge lights?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:08 AM
scani6
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by threedeuce5
Sounds like a good deal and the gauges look awesome. Post a vid when you have a chance.

Also, how do you like your SS amp? I'm getting ready to install one this weekend in my Limited.
The SS amp definitely helps and sounds great! It does take a little work to get the fairing back on though.

Originally Posted by rhartlin
How much for the gauge lights?
I went through Marty at www.gaugeledmods.com, because come to find out, he lives 5 mins from me. Lol, Small world. All said and done, it was $130 (but I got the additional gauge buffing, which makes a huge difference.