Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New radio installed no sound from rear speakers pods

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 02:38 PM
davecurtis72
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New radio installed no sound from rear speakers pods

After weeks of reading thru these forums for tips and tricks(yeah i been cheating lol) i just officially signed up today. One of the best forums ive been on. But im having troubles after deciding to upgrade my radio on my 02 ultra limited with JVC x33mbs radio and scosche thumb controls only have sound in front speakers as the controls dont even have speaker lines to connect to new radio harness. Now that said i do know there is an amp under tourpack (radio sound 55x4) that i was kinda hoping i could reuse that for now to see how it sounded in the mean time. Any help would be appreciated in the right direction!!!

Old 05-08-2017, 03:16 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by davecurtis72
After weeks of reading thru these forums for tips and tricks(yeah i been cheating lol) i just officially signed up today. One of the best forums ive been on. But im having troubles after deciding to upgrade my radio on my 02 ultra limited with JVC x33mbs radio and scosche thumb controls only have sound in front speakers as the controls dont even have speaker lines to connect to new radio harness. Now that said i do know there is an amp under tourpack (radio sound 55x4) that i was kinda hoping i could reuse that for now to see how it sounded in the mean time. Any help would be appreciated in the right direction!!!
does that head unit have 4 or 6 rca outputs in the back?

Old 05-08-2017, 03:18 PM
davecurtis72
Intermediate

It has 6, 4.0 amp rca outs

Old 05-08-2017, 03:40 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

It has 6, 4.0 amp rca outs
if you scroll thru radio settings is there a selection for rear/sub?

Old 05-08-2017, 03:41 PM
davecurtis72
Intermediate

Yes for both

Old 05-08-2017, 03:43 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Yes for both
select rear

Old 05-08-2017, 03:53 PM
davecurtis72
Intermediate

Tried that didnt work, it seems like the factory amp is not recieving anything actually from wiring harness on bike. Works fine on factory radio when plugged in to both harness.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:05 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

[QUOTE=davecurtis72;16217184]Tried that didnt work, it seems like the factory amp is not recieving anything actually from wiring harness on bike. Works fine on factory radio when plugged in to both

how did you connect new head unit to amp?

Old 05-08-2017, 04:23 PM
davecurtis72
Intermediate

I just wired up RED power, BLK ground, YELLOW constant, BLUE steering wheel control to BRWN wire on hand controller adapter, along with front left GRAY and WHITE right speakers. There is a set of GRN and PRPL coming from radio harness for rear but no rear wires from thumb unit. So i plugged it into brake side factory harness powered it up came on controls work just nothing from the rear pods. i was assuming that amp was running off hi-input lines since there was no rca cables coming from original radio and rear amp uses same type of factory plug as front.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:27 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

I just wired up RED power, BLK ground, YELLOW constant, BLUE steering wheel control to BRWN wire on hand controller adapter, along with front left GRAY and WHITE right speakers. There is a set of GRN and PRPL coming from radio harness for rear but no rear wires from thumb unit. So i plugged it into brake side factory harness powered it up came on controls work just nothing from the rear pods. i was assuming that amp was running off hi-input lines since there was no rca cables coming from original radio and rear amp uses same type of factory plug as front.
which thumb control unit do u have?

Quick Reply: New radio installed no sound from rear speakers pods