Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer TS 6900 vs Vo M 6x9

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Pioneer TS 6900 vs Vo M 6x9

Ding, ding, ding...Ladies and Gentleman..In this corner we have the reigning Middle weight Champion of the World... The TS 6900...In this corner upcoming #1 middle weight contender... the VO M 6x9! I heard the Vo 6x9 yesterday at Baby B's house in a clients bike..impressed... thinking of ripping out the tried and true BT HAT 6x9's and replacing them with something better..what do ya think!

Old 07-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Ding, ding, ding...Ladies and Gentleman..In this corner we have the reigning Middle weight Champion of the World... The TS 6900...In this corner upcoming #1 middle weight contender... the VO M 6x9! I heard the Vo 6x9 yesterday at Baby B's house in a clients bike..impressed... thinking of ripping out the tried and true BT HAT 6x9's and replacing them with something better..what do ya think!
What was installed on this customers sled?

What's installed on your sled?

T.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:04 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 165 Posts

A VO6x9 vs and Pioneer 6900 in the ring is about as strange of a matchup and Mayweather vs McGregor. They do different things and much like any of these advanced audio setups we've been talking about (PA/horn combos) the supporting cast of speakers need to be present to make it work in your setup. I recently made the move to the VO from the 6900 and unnoticed exactly 2 things:

When the pros were out, I lost all the highs back there. Obviously. The horn loaded tweet on the pros produces a TON of sound and I took it for granted until it was gone. The other thing I noticed was that with the loss of top end, I gained a bunch on the bottom. Plain and simple, the VOs throw out a much more controlled, lower, heavy duty bass. I wouldn't say the VO is "louder", it's just different.

The reason I made the swap is because I am running my lids in parallel with my 8s in the bags. I needed to be able to cross the lids as low as possible in order to pull the most out of the 8s because, after all, I only have 3 outputs on the DSP so something's gotta give. I'm please with the VO but I definitely miss the highs that came from the Pros. This whole game in adding speakers is like a teeter totter. What am I giving up and what am I gaining. I lost top end but gained bottom end with this move and the only person that can decide if that's the best move for their ears and their setup is the guy sitting on the bike. For me, it worked because I have a supporting cast that could replace what I lost.

In conclusion, the only thing I'd say is try them out for yourself. It's a $150 experiment. All this R&D costs money. Sell the ones that don't work and prepare to take a loss...it is what it is. My experience with those two speakers in only mine, not the other end user of these speakers. For the average joe who is going to run 2 in the fairing and 2 in the lids, I would tell them to run Pros all day every day. For a guy running PA and horns in the fairing and wants a little more solid rear end, consider the VOs but don't expect sub-like bass from them! They're a 6x9, not an 18 with a dual voice coil. This is all about what you give up versus what you gain when you try new stuff and bottom line, it has to fit with what you have and it has to put a smile in your ear.

Seacrest out.

The following 2 users liked this post by cpbedor:
Gannicus (07-03-2017), Moto Mike (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tailwind
What was installed on this customers sled?

What's installed on your sled?

T.
T, it's all in the opening paragraph..Heard VO's in Baby B's clients bike... impressive...ripping out the ole 6x9 HAT's in my lids and replacing them with something better... hopefully!!

Old 07-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

T, it's all in the opening paragraph..Heard VO's in Baby B's clients bike... impressive...ripping out the ole 6x9 HAT's in my lids and replacing them with something better... hopefully!!
I don't think ur picking up what I'm laying down unless u really only have 6x9s on your sled and BBoys customers sled only has 6x9s.

Picking the best 6x9 depends on the entire setup on each different sled especially when comparing a full range to a mid range speak. IMHO.

T.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

I don't think ur picking up what I'm laying down unless u really only have 6x9s on your sled and BBoys customers sled only has 6x9s.

Picking the best 6x9 depends on the entire setup on each different sled especially when comparing a full range to a mid range speak. IMHO.

T.
Ck out my signature my brother! Ya have to look at the first post.... for some reason no signature on the others!

Last edited by Moto Mike; 07-03-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Ck out my signature my brother!
Sorry brotha, gonna tap out on this one. I'm a mobile device guy so no signatures available thus not gonna be able provide even 2 cents to this discussion.

Like CB stated, maybe just run with the R&D strategy and let us know your thoughts!!!!!

T.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

This is slightly off topic but how much power do the VO's need to make them punch? I am considering replacing the Arc 692's that I have planned for inside the bags. They would be an addition to the ts6900's in the lids.

Last edited by Springerfan; 07-03-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

Sorry brotha, gonna tap out on this one. I'm a mobile device guy so no signatures available thus not gonna be able provide even 2 cents to this discussion.

Like CB stated, maybe just run with the R&D strategy and let us know your thoughts!!!!!

T.
Did not realize bro...Kenwood 998, HAT Legatia's w/ Clarus tweets in the fairing, Titan II's in lowers, run by 4180, pods BT 7.1's, BT 6x9's in lids run by Tn.4 900...Clients bike BT 7.1's in fairing, Vo's in lids heard that set up with fairngs on... then faded to rear... Vo's were shaking my pant legs!! MM

Old 07-03-2017, 03:41 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Springerfan
This is slightly off topic but how much power do the VO's need to make them punch? I am considering replacing the Arc 692's that I have planned for inside the bags. They would be an addition to the ts6900's in the lids.
less than the 692s for sure but the bass from the arc and the VO is pretty negligible IMO. The Arc throws some nice low heat. I had a set of those in too but I didn't like the tweeter compared to the pros so out they came. Never saw a minute on the road!

Quick Reply: Pioneer TS 6900 vs Vo M 6x9