Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Fairing Lower Speakers to CVO Limited.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 01:44 PM
brucea4
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went on the HD website and punched in 2016 models versus each other. The CVO had 75 watts. So, what you are saying is not to even buy the upgraded HD speakers to replace the stock fairing speakers? I always liked J & M products. How about their speakers at 80 MPH? Plus, can I go to them and not change out the stock HD amps? If the J & M fairing speakers are really good then I would not put the additional fairing lower speakers on and live with the 4 speaker set-up.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:43 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by brucea4
I went on the HD website and punched in 2016 models versus each other. The CVO had 75 watts. So, what you are saying is not to even buy the upgraded HD speakers to replace the stock fairing speakers? I always liked J & M products. How about their speakers at 80 MPH? Plus, can I go to them and not change out the stock HD amps? If the J & M fairing speakers are really good then I would not put the additional fairing lower speakers on and live with the 4 speaker set-up.
I knew nothing about sled audio so I spent months reading this forum and asking questions before I did my upgrade. In all that time one of the most important thing I read was something BaggerAudioLab (Alex) said. You can't just look at printed specs when making your choices. Different amps and speakers may have the same printed ratings but sound completely different. The second most important thing I read is that if it sounds good to you that's what counts.

Having said that there are a couple of things to consider. One is that if you go with Boom!, Hogtunes or J&M you are going to pay more money than you should for and equivalent setup you can do yourself. Second is that Boom! Is a 2 ohm system and you severely limit your choices on speakers because the system is proprietary. For Stage II, you need one amp for every two speakers. That's a lot of amps to only get 75 watts per speaker. In comparison, you can use one aftermarket amp and get 150 watts for 4 speakers. You also get a much better sound for much less money.

Last edited by MMXIWG; 09-18-2017 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:28 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
I knew nothing about sled audio so I spent months reading this forum and asking questions before I did my upgrade. In all that time one of the most important thing I read was something BaggerAudioLab (Alex) said. You can't just look at printed specs when making your choices. Different amps and speakers may have the same printed ratings but sound completely different. The second most important thing I read is that if it sounds good to you that's what counts.

Having said that there are a couple of things to consider. One is that if you go with Boom!, Hogtunes or J&M you are going to pay more money than you should for and equivalent setup you can do yourself. Second is that Boom! Is a 2 ohm system and you severely limit your choices on speakers because the system is proprietary. For Stage II, you need one amp for every two speakers. That's a lot of amps to only get 75 watts per speaker. In comparison, you can use one aftermarket amp and get 150 watts for 4 speakers. You also get a much better sound for much less money.
im guessing Booms "lower fairing upgrade" is a 4" paper weight piece of garbage
leave your lowers alone, for now, replace your fairing and tourpak pods with something decent and 1 good amp and ride...see what you think...and for christ sake stay away from J and M

Last edited by yooperhog; 09-18-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:20 AM
brucea4
Intermediate

I had several pairs of J & M speakers in the past on my Ultras and they were always an improvement over HDs. What happened to them?

Old 09-18-2017, 11:24 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

I had several pairs of J & M speakers in the past on my Ultras and they were always an improvement over HDs. What happened to them?
you can buy 2 pair of pioneer 6.5's for $95 that will beat the hell outta jm speakers

Old 09-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

JM is still around doing good business Bro!! If that's the route you want to go here's a link.

www.jmcorp.com/index.htm

Old 09-18-2017, 12:29 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
JM is still around doing good business Bro!! If that's the route you want to go here's a link.

www.jmcorp.com/index.htm
yes. options are endless but good options are tried and tested

Old 09-18-2017, 12:31 PM
brucea4
Intermediate

I want good opinions......

Old 09-18-2017, 01:28 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

I want good opinions......
2,4,6 speakers?
budget?
coaxial or component?

Old 09-18-2017, 06:46 PM
brucea4
Intermediate

It's a CVO. I'll either add the two fairing lower speakers with another amp or change out the existing 4 speakers. I need a little more sound.....

Quick Reply: Adding Fairing Lower Speakers to CVO Limited.