Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Aquatic AV not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:40 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
So at this point the retailer has offered to send me pre paid shipping once he receives an RMA from Aquatic to send it in for repair. My concern with this is I paid for a new radio, not a refurbished unit. I could have bought a refurbished unit for a lot less money.
Also, I live in Canada, by the time I get this unit back it will be time to put the bike away for the winter.
Well on the plus side, you live in Canada so you have stronger beer! Lol

Frustrating for sure, but let's hope they get it fixed for you. Good luck.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:59 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by pingman68
Well on the plus side, you live in Canada so you have stronger beer! Lol

Frustrating for sure, but let's hope they get it fixed for you. Good luck.
We do have stronger beer Pingman! But that beer comes at a price, about $50.00 a case of 24. You can buy "cheap" beer for about $28.00.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:35 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain

At this point he is waiting on an RMA from Aquatic. Another week has gone by without a clear date of when I will have a working radio. I am completely dissatisfied with the service. The original order was placed on Aug 31. It looks like I will have to open a dispute with mastercard. He refuses to give me a refund, and can't seem to get an RMA from Aquatic for a warranty repair.

Update: After my latest email he has offered to bench test another radio and send it to me. He finally agrees that I have waited long enough for a working radio. Fingers crossed I have no more issues.

Last edited by SG-Jay; 09-22-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:18 AM
okie11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

Was the guy's name Casey by any chance?

Old 09-24-2017, 08:20 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Softy 103
Was the guy's name Casey by any chance?
No it;s not. I live in Canada, this is a Canadian online retailer I'm dealing with. He does own a custom bike shop also.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:55 PM
blackwidow98
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine with the color screen randomly stopped working after 6 months. It's stuck on Bluetooth but will still connect to my phone and stream music. None of the hand controls on my FLHX work anymore and none of the physical buttons on the unit work except for the volume control ****. I've checked the face plate, unplugged the unit over night, and also tried the reset button with no change. I'm sending mine back under Warranty. To be so expensive I really expected it to last a heck of a lot longer. I'm replacing mine with a new Marine JVC with the hand control module and selling the replacement aquatic av when it comes in. Maybe I did just received a bad aquatic av unit but I've had ZERO issues with the JVC that's in my pontoon and exposed to the elements and it's 1/3 of the cost. I can't even think of one Marine head unit I've owned over the years that has given me any problems. Not impressed with aquatic av whatsoever. Never again!

The following users liked this post:
zman1968 (01-28-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 08:05 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain

I certainly hope mine lasts longer than that after all the BS I went through.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:45 PM
zman1968
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same problem

Originally Posted by blackwidow98
Mine with the color screen randomly stopped working after 6 months. It's stuck on Bluetooth but will still connect to my phone and stream music. None of the hand controls on my FLHX work anymore and none of the physical buttons on the unit work except for the volume control ****. I've checked the face plate, unplugged the unit over night, and also tried the reset button with no change. I'm sending mine back under Warranty. To be so expensive I really expected it to last a heck of a lot longer. I'm replacing mine with a new Marine JVC with the hand control module and selling the replacement aquatic av when it comes in. Maybe I did just received a bad aquatic av unit but I've had ZERO issues with the JVC that's in my pontoon and exposed to the elements and it's 1/3 of the cost. I can't even think of one Marine head unit I've owned over the years that has given me any problems. Not impressed with aquatic av whatsoever. Never again!
My radio is stuck on av1 and will not play anything. Tried the reset, this is not good. Onlyhad the radio 6 months.smh

Old 03-08-2018, 07:06 AM
blackwidow98
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

After 2 months of waiting I finally received a new non referbished replacement under warranty. Aquatic AV did have the courtesy to upgrade me to the newer xm radio version but I still plan to sell it and keep my Marine JVC I replaced the original burnt up Aquatic AV radio with. There explanation was the motherboard had a short circuit due to moisture and was non repairable.
Anyone interested shoot me a PM.

Quick Reply: New Aquatic AV not working