Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony XAV AX100 owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 07:46 PM
11StreetTony
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sony XAV AX100 owners

I haven't seen many reviews on this unit and how well it works and fits in our bikes. I have the 4.3 and would love to get the bigger screen but don't want to shell out the money for the 6.5. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:54 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Im gonna put this radio in this winter. I want a tuner for the bike 1st though.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Briguy1
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed this Sony a year ago. So for I love the features. touch screen, adjustability, fit,etc...The only thing I don't like about it is it will not allow you to listen to a flash drive plugged and use your GPS at the same time. Its also hard to see in the sun light. Overall, I love it!

Old 09-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I just installed this radio around the end of July. I like it, but I also think its a win/lose kinda deal. You get obviously better sound and ability to tune with line levelers and such. I dislike having to have my phone plugged in in order to mirror the screen and be able to see maps. I wish all of that was able to blue tooth, there may be a way to do things and I just haven't figured them out though. I have an iphone and I think Apple car play is a little lacking as well.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:47 PM
fightingmajor
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
I just installed this radio around the end of July. I like it, but I also think its a win/lose kinda deal. You get obviously better sound and ability to tune with line levelers and such. I dislike having to have my phone plugged in in order to mirror the screen and be able to see maps. I wish all of that was able to blue tooth, there may be a way to do things and I just haven't figured them out though. I have an iphone and I think Apple car play is a little lacking as well.
Apline is the only make to use wireless CarPlay so far. That's what you would need to not have to plug your phone in to use the CarPlay stuff. Yes it lacks using all of the apps, but that's more along the lines of the creater of the apps for not implementing them into CarPlay. I have the Alpine unit in my car it's very nice to not have to plug the phone phone it. It's a double din face with a single in the back. Can't use it on the bike easily as the single din on the back is at the bottom instead of the top like the Sony.

With that said I have this Sony unit on my bike. The biggest pain in the *** is have to hit the ok button on the screen every time you start the bike. My Kenwood double din does the same thing. The Alpine however never makes you do it.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:00 PM
sponger
Road Master

Is the trim a flat/matte color? Will it blend nicely with a gloss black inner?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:27 PM
sponger
Road Master

Also if u guys could tell me, if i load a music videos onto a usb stick will it play the vid? When parked of course.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:53 PM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I've got a bunch of videos on USB stick. Plays while driving or sitting. Great unit. Love mine. Get the biketronics module. The scosche is cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:49 AM
sponger
Road Master

Originally Posted by bigreds1963ss
I've got a bunch of videos on USB stick. Plays while driving or sitting. Great unit. Love mine. Get the biketronics module. The scosche is cheaper but you get what you pay for.
I have the biketronics adapter already. Any other tricks when installing it?

Old 10-17-2017, 07:29 AM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It is really easy to install with the bike trying to Marshall is pretty much plug-and-play the only other thing I would do would be to check for software updates for the Sony head unit. You can check on Sony's website

Quick Reply: Sony XAV AX100 owners