Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish List

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by roussfam
thread kinda went off on a weird tangent for some reason, AVC and it's effects on amps ... to get back on track here....

If anyone knows of an aftermarket deck that's as visible in the sun as the HK OEM unit, please share...
All u had to do is mention that ur using AVC in your original post and dudes are gonna attack that giant gator that is closest to the boat.

Now if ur not using AVC and want guidance, dudes will chime in.

Just the way it is round here. That feature blows a lot of perfectly good shix up.

T.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:52 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,759 Likes on 3,522 Posts

What has any of that to do with my question? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the advice but...

Old 09-23-2017, 10:10 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

I run AVC on my set up, for years love it...just have to be smart about it! I use 3 clicks and it raises or reduces the volume 3 or 4 clicks on my KW 998 when you stop and then increase speed. You just can't start adjusting it when you are already near max volume...NO problems here with magic smoke!

Old 09-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

If anyone knows of an aftermarket deck that's as visible in the sun as the HK OEM unit, please share...

a BT1005X will give me AVC like the OEM HK, but I guess I'll have to live with the tiny buttons found pretty well on all automotive head units.
I think the Aquatic AV HU's are suppose to have a good display, some of the Sony's are suppose to be pretty good also, I have a Kenwood 998 and it is hard to see in bright daylight unless the sun is behind you!

Old 09-24-2017, 06:44 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

a BT1005X will give me AVC like the OEM HK, but I guess I'll have to live with the tiny buttons found pretty well on all automotive head units.
Not sure if it's in your signature (can't see it when on a phone), but what year bike are we talking here?

Old 09-24-2017, 07:38 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
I run AVC on my set up, for years love it...just have to be smart about it! I use 3 clicks and it raises or reduces the volume 3 or 4 clicks on my KW 998 when you stop and then increase speed. You just can't start adjusting it when you are already near max volume...NO problems here with magic smoke!
Yeah but you're Moto Mike! LOL! The average newbee out here who has no clue would fry his speakers in a heartbeat and then jump on the forum and ask us why his speakers are blown.

You're right Mike. The AVC can be used IF you know the limitations of your system and how to set it up properly. Easier to do on the stock HU. 2 Bars and that's it. Aftermarket HU it gets a little tricky. Those are the guys hitting me on the PM and saying WTF? My system sounded dam good in the garage and went out for a ride and my left/right speaker blew. I hear that story waaay too much!

Old 09-24-2017, 07:57 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,759 Likes on 3,522 Posts

"Thanks guys, that's the info I was looking for, I'll be sure to check out those particular head units when I go shopping.

Last edited by roussfam; 09-24-2017 at 08:02 AM.