Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of swapping my Arc Moto 6x9s for some 8's...But which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 02:07 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 203 Likes on 165 Posts

Tundra if you can get your hands on a router, that bit goes straight through the TopShop bags and the carpet with no hassle, leaving a perfect line on your cut. No need to peel carpet, just tape off the outside of the bags and use the right router bit

The following users liked this post:
tundrabuilt (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 03:59 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

The prv are very efficient. Whatever you do don't cheap out on the bags and do it right the 1st time. You can try what you got or start fresh and know you wont have to go back and redo later. The front stage will be much better to toss some good pa and horns over the bt 7.1 to keep up with the rest. You can also always set your router or rotozip, dremel whatever shallow and pull carpet back a bit and spray glue it back when done. Those mini money makers are nice looking bags. You wait out for the cvo lighting version or running different lights?

Old 10-19-2017, 06:04 PM
tundrabuilt
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
The prv are very efficient. Whatever you do don't cheap out on the bags and do it right the 1st time. You can try what you got or start fresh and know you wont have to go back and redo later. The front stage will be much better to toss some good pa and horns over the bt 7.1 to keep up with the rest. You can also always set your router or rotozip, dremel whatever shallow and pull carpet back a bit and spray glue it back when done. Those mini money makers are nice looking bags. You wait out for the cvo lighting version or running different lights?

I should have swapped out my front stage the last time I had my fairing apart for the Sony HU install, but the $$$ ended going to a raked fairing and stretched tank, haha. I'll catch it next round...after I do the bags.

Waiting on the CVO w/ dual cutouts...hoping to be running them (w/ 8's in the bags) come January. Figured I start doing my research now.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:28 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by tundrabuilt
I should have swapped out my front stage the last time I had my fairing apart for the Sony HU install, but the $$$ ended going to a raked fairing and stretched tank, haha. I'll catch it next round...after I do the bags.

Waiting on the CVO w/ dual cutouts...hoping to be running them (w/ 8's in the bags) come January. Figured I start doing my research now.
I contemplated that bag setup but couldn't wait and didn't want to convert lids, even though they are easier to open, didn't like the lid shape around latch mechanism. At some point I will be rolling a fatty front just have to save for it. Not much cheaper than a 26 really. Before you get too far hit Alex up and plan a install. You have good equipment that you can also sell to fund the new setup unless you don't want the down time since you can ride all year.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:46 PM
tundrabuilt
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
I contemplated that bag setup but couldn't wait and didn't want to convert lids, even though they are easier to open, didn't like the lid shape around latch mechanism. At some point I will be rolling a fatty front just have to save for it. Not much cheaper than a 26 really. Before you get too far hit Alex up and plan a install. You have good equipment that you can also sell to fund the new setup unless you don't want the down time since you can ride all year.

That's my problem (first world problem). I like to buy stuff, THEN sell my old parts AFTER, to minimize down time. It's been three weeks waiting for my parts to come back from paint and I'm already feeling like I forgot how to ride! hahaha!

Old 10-19-2017, 08:26 PM
BUSAGLIDE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
600/6 in the tray pushing four PRV or Mmats 6.5's and a set of PRV 8's. Small PRV micro amp pushing four horns.

That's doing it right!! Tundra is due an upgrade.

That's the ticket!!!!

Old 10-19-2017, 08:47 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by BUSAGLIDE
That's the ticket!!!!
Yoooo!! I sent you a box yesterday bro.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 PM
BUSAGLIDE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Yoooo!! I sent you a box yesterday bro.
Thanks bro, I'll give you a call next week

Old 10-21-2017, 08:12 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Sweet!!!! Will be damn good to see the reviews on DD W8 vs PRV 8.

T
I've only had about 15 mins of tuning with the PRV 8 so i don't want to give a full review until i get a little more tune time with them and try the suggestions i got from Alex. But so far i will say that the PRV are crisper/punchier, play lower, and i can feel the bass/bass drum in my chest from the rear of the bike.

This is on a DD D4 amp bridged.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I've only had about 15 mins of tuning with the PRV 8 so i don't want to give a full review until i get a little more tune time with them and try the suggestions i got from Alex. But so far i will say that the PRV are crisper/punchier, play lower, and i can feel the bass/bass drum in my chest from the rear of the bike.

This is on a DD D4 amp bridged.
How much power u think will get u in the sweet spot?

T.

Quick Reply: Thinking of swapping my Arc Moto 6x9s for some 8's...But which ones?