Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get flashed in the Houston area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 11:12 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts
Default Where to get flashed in the Houston area?

Before anyone gets too excited...I mean RADIO flash. I live near the Woodlands Harley and after talking to a service writer on the phone I am 100% sure I do not want to go to them for anything much less something as subjective as a radio flash. Are there any local indys who have the hardware/software to preform a Boom flash? If not, can anyone recommend a dealer/tech that will do this correctly?

Old 10-23-2017, 12:00 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Badd Azz Bikes is in Temple..they're on Facebook and do a lot of stereos

Old 10-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by lyork
Badd Azz Bikes is in Temple..they're on Facebook and do a lot of stereos
Yup. Not a bad ride out there up thru the back roads.

T.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:54 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

I talked to Tony at Badd Azz bikes and he seemed like a pretty good dude. However, they are only open M-F and until 6:30 which means I would have to take vacation to have them do it unless they opened Saturday just for me and for what I intend on spending to get this done I do not see that it would be worth their time to ask them to do that. Plus, I need this done before the rally. Tailwind spoke to a tech at Woodlands and it sounds like he will be able to get this done right. the BIN file in my bike (I found out on this forum) is for the Harley Boom system with 2 amps and 4 speakers so that would explain the lack of Bass and little to no difference when changing the treble/bass controls on the radio. I am going to go with the J&M Audio setting of 0 Amps and 4 Speakers (in case I add some later). I think my stock setup on the Boom! 4.3 was 0 Amps 2 Speakers since it was a stock SG with no additional audio package.

We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by TexasMotorcycleRider; 10-24-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:03 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes please report back flash has been pain for me as well.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:14 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

J&M Corp will be in Galveston next week for the LONESTAR rally, if anyone wants to have their radio flashed there, send email to audio@jmcorp.com for VIP appointment ,,,

for those in the DFW area, go see Frank at Direct Cycle Parts in Ft Worth, 7301 Whitehall Street
Richland Hills, TX 76118
800-745-6830
www.directcycleparts.com ,,

Old 10-24-2017, 08:16 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

From our findings (just by ear) 2amps 4 speakers is better/flatter than 0 amps 4 speakers and 2 amps 8 speakers is the better one of three.

Try calling AP Custom Cycles, talk to Pedro the owner and tell him Alex Haze sent you. Not 100% sure if he can flash new bikes but he's a local shop to you.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:24 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

In my opinion ,,, THE BEST Harley radio flash for an aftermarket amp, using the Techno-Research digital technician is as follows: ,,,,,

FIRST: 4-speakers, upper-fairing, rear-pods, no-amp ,,,,,,

SECOND: ENABLE amp #1 ,,,,,,,

THIRD: Enable amp #2 ,,,,,

that is the flash we use for all J&M ROKKER Stage4 systems ,,,,,,

it lowers the output of the radio, flattens out the EQ, activates the distortion limiters inside the DSP section of the Harley Infotainment radio ,,,,

also turns on rear channel outputs, activates front/rear fade control, bass, treble and auto-volume controls from the radio itself ,,,, (NOT relying upon Harley external amplifiers for these features) ,,,

with the 8-speaker/multiple amplifier flash using the Harley dealer’s digital technician, the radio output is lowered, but the signal is not as clean, and the front/rear fader controls are not activated inside the radio, nor do the bass/treble controls have the same effect ,,,,,

same goes with the AVC control with the Harley dealer flash ,,,,,

When using the Diag-4-bike digital technician, you will flash the radio the same way, but instead of amps #1 & #2 being “enabled” they would be set to “yes” ,,,,,

These speaker/amp configuration flashes, have nothing to do with and are NOT altered but the periodic Harley radio UPDATES performed thru the dash mounted USB port ,,,,,

In addition these radio FLASH configurations will not interfere with OR change the radio flash settings for the new Harley WHIM (wireless headset interface module) ,,,,,

There will be a new video forthcoming that will deal specifically with these Harley radio flash options ,,,,,

Old 10-24-2017, 08:25 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
From our findings (just by ear) 2amps 4 speakers is better/flatter than 0 amps 4 speakers and 2 amps 8 speakers is the better one of three.

Try calling AP Custom Cycles, talk to Pedro the owner and tell him Alex Haze sent you. Not 100% sure if he can flash new bikes but he's a local shop to you.

My setting is 2 amps and 4 speakers now and it has way less bass and the bass/treble controls do not do much of anything. The setup on my stock 4.3 I assume was zero amps and worked great with the PBR300x2 and a BT line leveler. I want to go back to that setting due to the better sounds. The amp setup is flatter but with only 2 speakers that does not work, sounds hollow.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:25 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
J&M Corp will be in Galveston next week for the LONESTAR rally, if anyone wants to have their radio flashed there, send email to audio@jmcorp.com for VIP appointment ,,,

for those in the DFW area, go see Frank at Direct Cycle Parts in Ft Worth, 7301 Whitehall Street
Richland Hills, TX 76118
800-745-6830
www.directcycleparts.com ,,

I am emailing you right now. I want to setup something Thursday.

Quick Reply: Where to get flashed in the Houston area?