Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailwind almost stole my thunder WDX6MOTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:36 PM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Tailwind almost stole my thunder WDX6MOTO

DB Drive is the new hot brand on the block, no matter what others think.

I heard a set of these earlier this month and they blew away MMats, DD and PRV's.
They have a 1.25'' tweeter mounted coax style but with a pro audio midrange. They rip.
To my knowledge I got one of the first sets released. Oh and they are factory treated.

These are great times for bike audio. This winter is going to be fun.

Last edited by SOFTPETER; 10-27-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER

I heard a set of these earlier this month and they blew away MMats, DD and PRV's.
They have a 1.25'' tweeter mounted coax style but with a pro audio midrange. They rip.
To my knowledge I got one of the first sets released. Oh and they are factory treated.

Damn awesome Peter!!!! Totally agree brother!!!! This new DB stuff imho is the real deal. Damn loud and they actually have very respectable presence in the lower published / speced frequencies. A very well rounded speaker!!!!!

Good score brother!!!!

T.

Last edited by Tailwind; 10-27-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:11 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER

Blow away?

Old 10-28-2017, 03:41 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Man keep on a selling cause most who know are not buying. Even attempting to compare a coaxial to a component is hilarious. Keep your db and their subsidiary. I will never go down this road and hope no one else does. Keep the garbage off here. J&,M may be better.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:30 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

It'll be awhile, and only if the bike shows up, that I'll get to hear some of the DB products in person. It's a possibility a bike will be coming up to Detroit for a 2018 SOS stop that is running DB products in the front stage.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:32 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Damn awesome Peter!!!! Totally agree brother!!!! This new DB stuff imho is the real deal. Damn loud and they actually have very respectable presence in the lower published / speced frequencies. A very well rounded speaker!!!!!

Good score brother!!!!

T.
But will you hear those lower frequencies while riding??????

Old 10-28-2017, 07:13 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
But will you hear those lower frequencies while riding??????
Yeah man, U will hear them however they will incrementally decay as the speed meter increases, as with any full range speaker. If the speaker has more overall presence the odds of retaining such range higher up the speed band are greater.

I personally would rather chase the unicorn that delivers full range audio to my ears as much as possible during a ride than making the choice to eliminate the freqs in my build plan that solidifies that those desirable freqs will never be present.

Hit up ur trip summary on your sled after a weekend ride, and also a series of rides. U will learn a bunch about ur riding style but mainly AVERAGE SPEEDS thus where your individual audio sweet spot or target is. It won't be 80. It won't be 20 either, unless ur a parking lot attendant. Based on my riding style I can retain a fair amount of the freqs I desire. Now if I'm on the interstate wide open for days on end at 80, different story.

T

Old 10-28-2017, 07:30 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah man, U will hear them however they will incrementally decay as the speed meter increases, as with any full range speaker. If the speaker has more overall presence the odds of retaining such range higher up the speed band are greater.

I personally would rather chase the unicorn that delivers full range audio to my ears as much as possible during a ride than making the choice to eliminate the freqs in my build plan that solidifies that those desirable freqs will never be present.

Hit up ur trip summary on your sled after a weekend ride, and also a series of rides. U will learn a bunch about ur riding style but mainly AVERAGE SPEEDS thus where your individual audio sweet spot or target is. It won't be 80. It won't be 20 either, unless ur a parking lot attendant. Based on my riding style I can retain a fair amount of the freqs I desire. Now if I'm on the interstate wide open for days on end at 80, different story.

T
Im totally a back road cruiser, 50-60 mph. I was just givin ya chit, wouldn't be right if i didn't lol.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:31 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

Hit up ur trip summary on your sled after a weekend ride, and also a series of rides. U will learn a bunch about ur riding style but mainly AVERAGE SPEEDS thus where your individual audio sweet spot or target is. It won't be 80. It won't be 20 either,
I think a lot of guys forget about this and it is important. I spend some time putting around town and some time blasting down the slab - but the majority of my riding is between 45-65 mph on country roads and that's what my amp is set to give me my personal best sound at 14/17. There are a lot of "I want loud and clear at 80+" and I understand that's not their only goal and it has to be a good setup to do that, but with so much change in the last few years it's very possible to have a system that sounds better in one area than the others and still be a very good overall performer.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:40 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

SOFTPETER-
You had my attention for a moment. But when you said these coaxials blow away the PRV's you lost me right there. No way in hell bro!! Gotta call BS on that one. Furthermore I'll call out anybody who agrees with you. My PRV's vs. whomever!! Set it up and I'll be there.

Quick Reply: Tailwind almost stole my thunder WDX6MOTO