Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding lower fairing speakers and 2nd amp help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 10:17 AM
XTsHOG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding lower fairing speakers and 2nd amp help.

I already have stage 2 boom setup (amp, 6.5 fairing speakers and tourpack pod speakers.
I have the hogtunes lower fairing speakers and wanna get a small micro amp.
How can I easily get them into the system without spending a ton of cash. ?

Old 02-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by XTsHOG
I already have stage 2 boom setup (amp, 6.5 fairing speakers and tourpack pod speakers.
I have the hogtunes lower fairing speakers and wanna get a small micro amp.
How can I easily get them into the system without spending a ton of cash. ?
Not a problem amping the speakers. Just not so sure those are the speakers I would amp. I believe your bike has the liquid cooled cylinder heads. That means you have limited room in your lowers for speakers. I would first find some better speakers that fit your lowers. There's a few guys on the forum who did this mod with good results. Hopefully they will jump in. I have no experience with the lowers on a wethead.

The following users liked this post:
XTsHOG (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 12:19 PM
XTsHOG
Tourer

The hogtunes speaker enclosure are for my liquid cool ride.
Yes the speakers suck but for now, they will do and I will be switching my 6.5 boom tourpack speaker pods to the lowers and put the 2ohm hogtunes speakers in the tourpack pods.
I just need to know how to easily add the amp.
One way I was gonna bring audio to the added amp is spade off of the rear tourpack speakers under the seat.

Looking for other ideas.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

The hogtunes speaker enclosure are for my liquid cool ride.
Yes the speakers suck but for now, they will do and I will be switching my 6.5 boom tourpack speaker pods to the lowers and put the 2ohm hogtunes speakers in the tourpack pods.
I just need to know how to easily add the amp.
One way I was gonna bring audio to the added amp is spade off of the rear tourpack speakers under the seat.

Looking for other ideas.
Just to be clear, ur wanting to do a hybrid system of boom amp with 4 boom speakers in 4 holes and another amp with hogs in 2 holes? Is that correct?

T.

XTsHOG (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 06:53 PM
XTsHOG
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Just to be clear, ur wanting to do a hybrid system of boom amp with 4 boom speakers in 4 holes and another amp with hogs in 2 holes? Is that correct?

T.
Yes.
I believe if I just tap into the tourpack speakers. I loose half the wattage at that endpoint but my amp will crank out higher at lower fairing speakers.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 390 Posts

Yes.
I believe if I just tap into the tourpack speakers. I loose half the wattage at that endpoint but my amp will crank out higher at lower fairing speakers.
For starters you have an amplified signal going to the tour pack pods from the boom 2 amp and you cannot tap into that amplified signal to use it to supply it to another amplifier.

Boosted signal to boost another signal don't work on sled audio.

XTsHOG (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

We have to respect the hell out of your creativity but I might have to tap out on this one.

I think your best bang for the buck is to back up and focus on the absolute most important speakers for the guys that ride, the fairing speakers.
I think u will be miles ahead and dollars ahead by focusing on aftermarket speakers and amp in the holes that exist then down the road drop in the lowers. This scenario is inevitable brother. Skip all the in between stuff and go straight to the finish line.

Just my 2 cents but I do like your creativity and willingness to advance ur audio.

T.

XTsHOG (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 09:18 PM
XTsHOG
Tourer

Originally Posted by Babyboy
For starters you have an amplified signal going to the tour pack pods from the boom 2 amp and you cannot tap into that amplified signal to use it to supply it to another amplifier.

Boosted signal to boost another signal don't work on sled audio.
Good to know.
Couldn't I use the high level speaker level inputs on the amp I wanna use while taking that amplified signal from the rear pods.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:22 PM
XTsHOG
Tourer

Very true
But unfortunately I already got the lower fairing speakers and for now a small amp is cheaper for me.
Fairing already has 6.5 stage 2 speakers and for now they sound pretty good.

Originally Posted by Tailwind
We have to respect the hell out of your creativity but I might have to tap out on this one.

I think your best bang for the buck is to back up and focus on the absolute most important speakers for the guys that ride, the fairing speakers.
I think u will be miles ahead and dollars ahead by focusing on aftermarket speakers and amp in the holes that exist then down the road drop in the lowers. This scenario is inevitable brother. Skip all the in between stuff and go straight to the finish line.

Just my 2 cents but I do like your creativity and willingness to advance ur audio.

T.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:26 PM
XTsHOG
Tourer

Anyone else got any other ideas or suggestions.

Quick Reply: Adding lower fairing speakers and 2nd amp help.