Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me pick a warm 6.5" speaker with decent SPL

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 07:22 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
FYI. The Epc6k will fit in the factory fairing pods if you remove a couple of the internal webs.
That's damn good info!!!!

T

Old 04-17-2018, 07:36 PM
azmaniac
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Great damn setup azmaniac!!! Sounds really damn good and looks sweet as well.

Thinking we highjacked the OPs thread though.

T
Sorry bout that...back on topic tho..ive always been a lil confused or wondered if I think of "warmth" like others...ive ran coaxials before these pro audio and I'm sure all set ups are different but it seems the big difference I gained is separation and clarity...so what is the "warmth" people are searching for....is it basically like the more punch and/Or mid balanced with the highs or how do u guys describe it??

Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Great damn setup azmaniac!!! Sounds really damn good and looks sweet as well.

Thinking we highjacked the OPs thread though.

T
OP should, and probably is, reading everything said here. After all, you guys are who taught me, and just about everyone else here

The following users liked this post:
Iworktofish (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 07:58 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by azmaniac
Sorry bout that...back on topic tho..ive always been a lil confused or wondered if I think of "warmth" like others...ive ran coaxials before these pro audio and I'm sure all set ups are different but it seems the big difference I gained is separation and clarity...so what is the "warmth" people are searching for....is it basically like the more punch and/Or mid balanced with the highs or how do u guys describe it??
Head out to the garage and play ur favorite tune like the vids u posted up. Then fade that shix all the way forward so that ur listening to just the PA loudspeaker and that will answer ur question. U might taste just a little vomit in ur throat but not too bad. U throw 8s and inside bag stuff at a setup with the ability to throw solid bass out there, is the balanced sound u will hear guys talking about trying to get out of 6.5s and 6x9s. Not an easy think to do but I think that's what guys are talking about is some respectable lower end balance favorable to a wide range of genres.
With ur fairing F @ 132 I'm gonna guess u don't have much stand alone warmth but have solid kick or punch.

U do have things dialed in and balanced well brother!!!!

Just my 2c.

T

Old 04-17-2018, 08:17 PM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Iworktofish
Nice! BTW, looks like we've recently spoken on FB on your amp post. Now that you've done it, is that $120 amp tray a good investment? Some have just flattened the stock tray.

Thanks for chiming in Alex! Great strategy...in my car audio days, I never would have considered doing a bridged mono setup, but this is a bike and it's only the lowers.

I get the tradeoff. Guess I'm looking for a balance of both. It would make things so much easier if there was a local shop that I can listen to all of these, but I haven't found it. Everyone's ears are different. What makes it more difficult is that people are either hot or cold on the SP 6.5CM, and also the EPC6K, and both are sold by only few dealers. I have yet to hear anyone complain about the SQ and low end from the AW's, but the 90.5db sensitivity concerns me...the ones I just pulled out that were warm and had bottom end were ~88db and fell way short on SPL. I'm just trying to avoid chasing the unicorn, but it will probably happen anyway.

thanks again!

Just spoke to the US distributor 1hr ago and he said they're all sold out. Distributor seems like a nice dude, took his time to chat, and gives high praise for these vs many others he's heard. However, he recommended an amp that I've seen several on here say it's junk. So again, each ear is different. Have you heard these, and if so, what's your take?
I've only heard others talk of them on here and found a FB site for Disorderly conduct pro audio and listened to his setups and saw his prices. Seemed a bit pricey but sounded good.

Iworktofish (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 08:27 PM
azmaniac
Tourer

Ok that makes sense but i guess I'm not picky cause honestly when I did my install my lids had to be repainted so I just had the 6.5 and front horns installed and running for a few days...definately not the same BUT I wouldn't of minded keeping it that way just for the soul fact it's very loud and clear on 60+ mph..thats where it matters most to me...those videos were at az bike week so we were just showing off a bit BUT the weekend was 1100 miles in 4 days so it was alot of seat time...amd it does sound decent but I'd still really like to find someone in arizona that can help me dial it in cause I'm sure it's way off!

Old 04-17-2018, 10:25 PM
azmaniac
Tourer

Originally Posted by cfave
I've only heard others talk of them on here and found a FB site for Disorderly conduct pro audio and listened to his setups and saw his prices. Seemed a bit pricey but sounded good.
I heard a set of the sp audio 6.5 and sp 8 on a streetglide while out at bike week and it sounded pretty damn good!!!!

Iworktofish (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 12:40 AM
Iworktofish
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No worries about the hijack, and yes I'm reading everything.

Narrowed my choice down to the EPC6k or the SP 6.5CM. Probably will buy both, and if I like both, one set will go in the fairing, other will go in the lowers. If I like one better than the other, I'll buy a 2nd set for fairing/lowers and sell the unused set.

If by that time I find it's still missing something then I'll look to add an efficient pair of 6x9's or 8's in the lids.

Suggestions still welcome. Still hoping for someone that's heard both that can give feedback. And thanks to everyone who has been helpful.

sliazafoxx35 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 05:26 AM
sliazafoxx35
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I actually just ordered the euphoria epc6k's yesterday...my choice was between the same two speaker setups...my tins are out for paint so I won't be able to get em mounted for a while but I will be waiting to hear your review of the sets! im also tempted to just buy both lol

Old 04-18-2018, 01:05 PM
Iworktofish
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sliazafoxx35
I actually just ordered the euphoria epc6k's yesterday...my choice was between the same two speaker setups...my tins are out for paint so I won't be able to get em mounted for a while but I will be waiting to hear your review of the sets! im also tempted to just buy both lol
Did you purchase at Spork or elsewhere?

Quick Reply: Help me pick a warm 6.5" speaker with decent SPL