Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mille 1800s with Focal tweeters out, Steg RE 65Cs in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 07:56 AM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Marquettedominos
You have exeeded your PM space Ron. Lol
anyways, will those Mille be going up for sale?

Denver
She's cleaned up now Denver and accepting messages again.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:45 AM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I looked at these about a year ago but could not figure out how to get them ordered. I contacted a few people in Italy about these but never received a response. I heard them at a car audio show and was impressed with the sound they produce. Unfortunately I did not talk to the owner of how they procured them.

Glad to hear you like them. I will be reaching out to see if I can get on a list to get them in. When you get a chance please post a video of them on your bike. Would love to hear how they sound.

BTW what is the efficiency of the 6.5? I see the one set is 88/db and the other is 92 but your finger is over the number for the speakers you are running.

Thanks
Cfave

Old 05-30-2018, 11:47 AM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Never mind on the video, I dont know how i missed the ones you have posted!! Getting old sucks!!!

Old 05-30-2018, 12:14 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cfave
I looked at these about a year ago but could not figure out how to get them ordered. I contacted a few people in Italy about these but never received a response. I heard them at a car audio show and was impressed with the sound they produce. Unfortunately I did not talk to the owner of how they procured them.

Glad to hear you like them. I will be reaching out to see if I can get on a list to get them in. When you get a chance please post a video of them on your bike. Would love to hear how they sound.

BTW what is the efficiency of the 6.5? I see the one set is 88/db and the other is 92 but your finger is over the number for the speakers you are running.

Thanks
Cfave
The RE woofer is 87 and the STs that are on the way are 88. I've been playing with the DSP and will post another video later today with my settings. The one in the video is what was recommended to me by the seller. I was pointing out the power in the pic.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

So the Steg REs stayed in for a couple weeks and then I tried the Steg ST 650Cs. The STs were able to handle more power and a little more sensitive than the REs so they stayed in for a week. I finally ended up trying the DD AWs that everyone raves about and now I see why. The bass and vocals on those are unlike any woofer I've ever heard. The AT 28s were also installed on the outside of the fairing, but the Steg SQ 32 tweeter is still the best I've heard so far so I'm keeping those in the grills with some cloth over them to protect them. It was kind of pointless to have the same tweeters on the outside that aren't waterproof. The ATs are a little more sensitive that the 32s so it blends to make a nice combination. The fairing is now complete and I'm done with that part. The extra Stegs are in the truck now and sound excellent!

Last edited by Ron D 33; 06-14-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:16 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Ron can you remind me what all different speakers you’ve had in the fairing?

How do you like those 8.8”?

Old 06-14-2018, 04:25 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron D 33
So the Steg REs stayed in for a couple weeks and then I tried the Steg ST 650Cs. The STs were able to handle more power and a little more sensitive than the REs so they stayed in for a week. I finally ended up trying the DD AWs that everyone raves about and now I see why. The bass and vocals on those are unlike any woofer I've ever heard. The AT 28s were also installed on the outside of the fairing, but the Steg SQ 32 tweeter is still the best I've heard so far so I'm keeping those in the grills with some cloth over them to protect them. It was kind of pointless to have the same tweeters on the outside that aren't waterproof. The ATs are a little more sensitive that the 32s so it blends to make a nice combination. The fairing is now complete and I'm done with that part. The extra Stegs are in the truck now and sound excellent!
Best 2 speaker setup at the M&G was AWs with the right power and horns properly tamed.

A really damn good tweet does damn good things too, so never underestimate the importance of quality tweets, which u have acknowledged and focused on.

Damn good stuff Ron!!!

T

The following users liked this post:
Ron D 33 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 04:33 PM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Ron, what amp tray are using? Also is that the JL 600/6?

Old 06-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Stache18
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for sharing all of this so we can learn on your wallet!

The other key elements to your outcome appear to be the amp and dsp. More and more I am seeing quality happy builds with jl amps (perception not data).

am I correct in assuming that the jl amp is a key part of the sauce and that without the dsp the balancing would be next to impossible ?

If I am seeing the wiring right it looks like bridged to each 6.5 and each tweet on their own channel. Am I seeing that right?

i am running the focal amp and no dsp, trying to balance that part of the formula into what my next move will be.

Last edited by Stache18; 06-14-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Stuntmeat
Ron, what amp tray are using? Also is that the JL 600/6?
Andy, that's the only thing that I'll buy from J & M is their tray. Yes that's the JL M600/6 in the fairing. I've heard of people's shorting out in there so I went with the marine version. I have a regular XD in the rear.

Last edited by Ron D 33; 06-14-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Mille 1800s with Focal tweeters out, Steg RE 65Cs in!