Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mille 1800s with Focal tweeters out, Steg RE 65Cs in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 05:54 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Mille 1800s with Focal tweeters out, Steg RE 65Cs in!

I'm not sure if Steg speakers have been discussed on here before or not? I installed the Mille Legend 1800s with what I already had in the fairing Focal TNF and TN-53K tweeters yesterday. It sounded better than any set up I've had in the fairing yet until today. I went out on a limb and bought some Stegs from Fred & Sound that are made in Italy. I did it based off of reviews by them on YouTube that were comparing speakers by different manufacturers. The video link below at 38 seconds in shows the speaker moving like water and they did a comparison against the Hertz Milles. They are sold by GT Trading and the whole thing seemed like it could be a scam, but i tried it anyway. Shipping only took 6 days and they were at my door. They are ceramic speakers which is odd and small plus lightweight which is very deceiving for the sound they produce. I did a side by side against the Legends and Focals and these win. It's hard to find any real info on them and the numbers pretty much suck on paper. Right now I'm pushing 150 to the Woofers and 50 to the tweeters and the vocals and sound they produce is awesome! These are the smoothest tweeter I've ever heard. I posted a video of just the tweeter playing below. I think I'll actually use the speaker fabric and waterproofing on this set to try and keep them going. I'll post updates if I end up smoking them and have to put the Legends back in, fingers crossed they last!!!

Fred & Sound
https://youtu.be/zyZi0pEnaoc

Tweets
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XDH-P6s_F50

Last edited by Ron D 33; 05-24-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,230 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Lol..... you change speakers quicker than some change underwear. Hope these are the cats meow, or in this case, the unicorns roar!!! Watching for the upcoming reviews.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:50 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Lol..... you change speakers quicker than some change underwear. Hope these are the cats meow, or in this case, the unicorns roar!!! Watching for the upcoming reviews.
I hope I'm done now, this is getting to be an expensive habbit.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:18 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Impressive video. Specs say 40w max, how do you think they handle the higher Watts? How does volume compare to the hertz?

Old 05-24-2018, 07:28 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
Impressive video. Specs say 40w max, how do you think they handle the higher Watts? How does volume compare to the hertz?
I messaged the guy at Fred & Sound and he said he's sold more than 100 sets of them and hasn't heard of any blowing. He said he recommends 100 watts, but as long as it's the right freqs and not distorting I'd be fine pushing them harder. I had the TwK 88 DSP at -14db for the Hertz and -17 for the Stegs and they outperformed the Hertz. I ran both of them at flat eq and crossed at 50 hz. Fingers crossed they hold up!!!

Last edited by Ron D 33; 05-24-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:15 AM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

I just saw they came with a book and the woofers are 120 rms and 180 peak. The tweeters are 90 rms and 110 peak. I'm not sure where the numbers came from I saw on the internet for 20 rms and 40 peak. If that's all they could take I'm pretty sure I would have blown them already.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:24 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you have a link for them on GT Trading? I'm curious how they compare in price to the Hertz.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Do you have a link for them on GT Trading? I'm curious how they compare in price to the Hertz.
They don't have pricing on the website. eBay has some now but they are more than I paid at $800. I reached out to the guy at Fred & Sound to get some answers. Here is the link but the website kind if sucks,
https://www.gt-trading.it/altoparlanti-sound-quality

Old 05-25-2018, 09:40 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron D 33
They don't have pricing on the website. eBay has some now but they are more than I paid at $800. I reached out to the guy at Fred & Sound to get some answers. Here is the link but the website kind if sucks,
https://www.gt-trading.it/altoparlanti-sound-quality
Looks like the price is comparable so it really is a matter of which performs/sounds better.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 05-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MMXIWG

Looks like the price is comparable so it really is a matter of which performs/sounds better.

Thanks,
Rick
He just replied back and he is out of the RE. He said the SG is available that can be paired with the SQ 32 tweeter or their version of the Focal Utopia type tweeter that it usually comes with. It's a little brighter than the 32 which is why I didn't go with it. The SG woofer isn't ceramic but is made out of a fabric material. It is a 2 ohm woofer so you can squeeze more out of an amp when running active with that tweeter. That woofer is rated at 100 rms and 160 peak. It's not a neo magnet either and it's ferrite. I haven't heard it so can't say how it sounds. He said he could do $540 for the set which is good considering the usual price is $700. I will have a video this weekend of just the fairing speakers going with a decent tune on them so it will give a little better idea of the sound. I'm still not found of the idea of a video due to I don't think it will do justice to a good sounding speaker due to being limited to the computer/headphone speakers recreating the sound. Which Hertz are you comparing them to for price?

Last edited by Ron D 33; 05-25-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Mille 1800s with Focal tweeters out, Steg RE 65Cs in!