Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android Auto prob with ax5000

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 08:32 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

to use AA stop your car and refer to the phones instructions.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,632 Likes on 1,226 Posts

That’s what I was getting before I finally had success. From that point, go to your phone. Go to applications and select AA (even if it was already on and running).

Before I had the light green wire grounded, the phone said I had to stop the vehicle, and the only action I could take was to exit AA.

When I had green wire grounded, I saw similar message, but then I also found some sort of “safety message” screen. (Sorry I don’t know the exact words).

I clicked thru the safety message screens (on my phone it was a few “continues”), don’t hit “skip” or it’ll keep you locked out. Finally I got to last the screen and saw an “acknowledge” button. I clicked on that, the saw the AA screen on the Sony display!

Im hoping this phone safety message trap is only issue keeping AA from working for you. I never saw this in any instructions and it certainly wasn’t intuitive to me, especially when there is that “skip” button that’s so tempting.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:43 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member

Your USB cable is fine, otherwise Sony screen would display “no device connected” when you click on USB1 when phone is there.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:00 AM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
to use AA stop your car and refer to the phones instructions.
Still sounds like your HU green wire is not grounded. You don't need anything fancy to bypass it, just a TESTED GOOD ground. Get a 10 foot test lead and alligator clip it to the (-) battery.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:22 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fullbore55
Your USB cable is fine, otherwise Sony screen would display “no device connected” when you click on USB1 when phone is there.
If I click on USB1 I do get that error message. I ordered a new cable that specified data transferring.

Originally Posted by Respect
Still sounds like your HU green wire is not grounded. You don't need anything fancy to bypass it, just a TESTED GOOD ground. Get a 10 foot test lead and alligator clip it to the (-) battery.
That's my next step is to ground somewhere other than through the wiring harness.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:57 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

I tried a few other things tonight. Tried grounding again with the microbypass as well as grounding back to the battery. Still a no go with the parking brake.
One other thing I tried was changing the phone usb settings from charge only to file transfer. It seemed to work momentarily and then I'd get the same error message.
No other screens or options to scroll through in AA once that error message pops up.
I'm not sure if the phone reverts back to charging only because of the parking brake not set or if it just does it by default and AA kicks me off.

The new cord I ordered doesn't arrive until tomorrow. Not sure if that will change anything or not.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by SgtMic
Yes, AX5000, Android 8 connected to USB1.
When I open the AA app the phone tells me to stop moving and set the parking brake.
The HU also has an error message that's says to use AA stop your car and refer to the phones instructions.
Your USB cable connection is good, the Sony HU sees the phone.
The HU and phone messages you identify are same as I saw before I got mine to work.
As you have green HU wire solidly connected to ground, I think from the point you define it your email, you just need to focus on the phone. I also “toyed with” USB usage options on the phone, was never clear to me if/how that made a difference.

But when I has HU green wire grounded and phone said to stop and set brake, I was able to find an icon on the phone to click. I think it referenced a safety message, and there was an option to skip, as well as option to continue. I hit continue, maybe more than once, until new screen appeared from which I could scroll down and hit acknowledge icon. Then the AA screen appeared on HU display and everything worked as expected.

Wish you the best with this. It was real frustrating for me. NAV was a big reason for me to replace boom HU. I was relieved and happy to finally have it work. Hope you find success soon!

Old 10-16-2018, 06:36 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

New cord did squat. Here's a screenshot with only one option and that's to exit.

Last edited by SgtMic; 10-16-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member

When you changed USB operation in phone to exchange data, I think you said that seemed to work for a while?
Mmaybe try that again?

Old 10-16-2018, 09:13 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member

Its possible that I changed my phones USB to file xfer before finding continue and acknowledge icons. I was frustrated and trying all sorts of things and lost track of exact steps and sequence...

Quick Reply: Android Auto prob with ax5000