Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New DB Drive WDX6MOTO-G2 and G5

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 04:56 PM
Rescueninja
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arlington
Not getting on you, I understand having plenty of headroom, but always hear guys trying to give a 6.5 speaker 140 plus watts when most of them work efficiently with 80-100 clean watts. I have a road glide, put a 1/2" port in each pod.
I wasn't sure, I had just read on various other posts how people were saying the speakers didn't even open up until you pumped a lot of juice into them. Did you put any packing in your pods? Thanks for the info I am going to try the port and see how it sounds, as well as the amp changes.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:57 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescueninja
No particular reason. I suppose because that's what the speaker can handle, so why not. Going to try it unbridged tonight so I'll see how it sounds. It will be better to get the stereo back instead of the mono from bridging them anyways. Again does anyone have any input about porting the pods?
Not sure I ever picked up on your current crossover settings other than HPF. U might start there then if it does not improve for you or ears then it's gonna be about backing the gains off and eventually going to non-bridged wiring.

T

Old 05-21-2019, 05:01 PM
arlington
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I wasn't sure, I had just read on various other posts how people were saying the speakers didn't even open up until you pumped a lot of juice into them. Did you put any packing in your pods? Thanks for the info I am going to try the port and see how it sounds, as well as the amp changes.
I cut small pieces of soundskin and lined the inside of pods, drilled a 1/4" port near bottom of each pod. 80-100 watts is a lot of watts if properly tuned, unless you're trying to get every ounce of sound out of your speakers for a couple of competitions before you put new ones in you don't need to max them out.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:31 PM
Rescueninja
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Not sure I ever picked up on your current crossover settings other than HPF. U might start there then if it does not improve for you or ears then it's gonna be about backing the gains off and eventually going to non-bridged wiring.

T
I had it set to HPF, bridged, and have the BT355 with the settings from them. I don't have the gains up very high and just kinda messed with the sensitivity and bass EQ. I don't have any experience with tuning an amp so I am just going off what I've been reading.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:31 PM
Rescueninja
Advanced

Originally Posted by arlington
I cut small pieces of soundskin and lined the inside of pods, drilled a 1/4" port near bottom of each pod. 80-100 watts is a lot of watts if properly tuned, unless you're trying to get every ounce of sound out of your speakers for a couple of competitions before you put new ones in you don't need to max them out.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get it dialed in.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:09 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I had it set to HPF, bridged, and have the BT355 with the settings from them. I don't have the gains up very high and just kinda messed with the sensitivity and bass EQ. I don't have any experience with tuning an amp so I am just going off what I've been reading.
But what is your HPF frequency dial set at?

Old 05-21-2019, 06:14 PM
Rescueninja
Advanced

Originally Posted by SBates08
But what is your HPF frequency dial set at?
It has a dial that says LP/HP with 55Hz to 750Hz. I just turned them until it sounded ok.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,163 Likes on 2,936 Posts

Try this one more time.... is it set on HP or LP and what freq is it set at?

Old 05-21-2019, 09:25 PM
Rescueninja
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Try this one more time.... is it set on HP or LP and what freq is it set at?
I set the crossover to full, neither HP or LP. Seems it is at full the freq **** does nothing. I don't have the gain up very high.

I took the bike out after I buttoned it up and the sound is WAY too bright. I can hardly hear the vocal and it just hurts my ears. I am at a loss of what to do. I found one review of the amp after I had bought it on here and they said it was too bright. I'm wondering if there is any adjustment I can make to the BT355 line leveler. Here is a picture from the manual of the amp. Disregard the wiring I am only running 2 channels.

Last edited by Rescueninja; 05-21-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:25 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I set the crossover to full, neither HP or LP. Seems it is at full the freq **** does nothing. I don't have the gain up very high.

I took the bike out after I buttoned it up and the sound is WAY too bright. I can hardly hear the vocal and it just hurts my ears. I am at a loss of what to do. I found one review of the amp after I had bought it on here and they said it was too bright. I'm wondering if there is any adjustment I can make to the BT355 line leveler. Here is a picture from the manual of the amp. Disregard the wiring I am only running 2 channels.
So where exactly are each and every one of those ***** and switches on ur amp? Are all of ur HU audio settings in the neutral position?Have u triple checked the polarity of your speaker wires using a 9v battery?

T

Quick Reply: New DB Drive WDX6MOTO-G2 and G5