Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOC’s still required with Harley Flash?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 08:31 PM
IndyNick
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LOC’s still required with Harley Flash?

Just wondering if a bike is flashed with the 4 speaker 1 amp flash are line out converters still required? I would assume not because it would seem that it would go from a high level speaker out to a low level amp signal?

Old 04-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyNick
Just wondering if a bike is flashed with the 4 speaker 1 amp flash are line out converters still required? I would assume not because it would seem that it would go from a high level speaker out to a low level amp signal?
Where did u get the guidance on the 4 speaker and 1 amp flash being a flat EQ? Far too many flashes floating around with tons of different theories. Thanks!!

But to answer ur question, most of the amps I use require low level input so I use the LOC.

T

Old 04-03-2019, 12:39 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Nick, I have personally had several flashes done to my boom HU only to find the best SQ comes from a 0 amp/4 speaker flash and using a LOC inline or dsp. Once a flash is done that tells the boom hu an amp is in line, the signal is flattened out so much that the lows will just not pound as they should. I think that the stock HD amps just don't handle the lows as an aftermarket amp. Listen to a cvo setup and then listen to an aftermarket setup using the same speaker configuration and you can hear a big difference. I know you are in Indy and if you would like you can hear my setup as it has the same six speaker location as a cvo SG. Fairing, lowers and lids. BTW I got so tired of trying to make the boom sound as good as an aftermarket hu, I ended up getting a sony and was done with the boom stuff.