Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detroit Area!, Audio Enthusiast.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
Hey Juice, glad you made the SOS show, looks like you did well! I couldn't make it that far yesterday, so I hit a local show.
C'mon Juice. What's up?

Zach

Old 06-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Yes, I competed. It was fun, there were some killer bikes. I did not really place, but I did not see another DIY in front of me.

Some of these bike are ridiculous.

I was told I "we did not expect that out of your bike" .
Mainly, because I rode it there, and it sounded good.

It was a experience. I recommend that all you guys get to a bigger show and hear some of these Monsters.

I can destroy bikes at local bike nights, but these bikes paid to play. They spent money and sounded good. I will start a new thread tomorrow. I got to meet up with @bdrummer0413

We listened to each others bike, and his sounded good with all that MMat power. He convinced me to get there and compete.

Glad I got to meet another forum Member, and got to compete as well.

He should chime in with a new thread too.

Juice

Last edited by Juice; 06-09-2019 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Yes those SOS shows can open some eyes. I've been to several the past few years and will hit a few more this year. I plan to compete if I EVER get my bike done. I did compete in a local show yesterday. I got a good laugh out of it. My 4 speaker Dyna is now a heavyweight winner ROFL, but It's not quite ready for Munir yet. It was still a good day although many bikes didn't show up due to rain. Because of that I won first place in the Dyna class, Heavyweight winner in the sound show. Also the 2nd place heavyweight was a customer of mine, and 2nd and 3rd place in lightweight were customers of mine. Another customer won first in the touring class and Best In Show, another won first in the Softail class and People's Choice. Although they are nice bikes none of them are high-end bikes and it was a local show. Still it was pretty cool to be represented like that.

The following users liked this post:
Juice (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Good on ya Juice. I have no doubt you represented us riding garage build guys well. I get the feeling the SOS series is one of the most fairly judged events. I hope you found the same to be true.

Zach

Originally Posted by Juice
Yes, I competed. It was fun, there were some killer bikes. I did not really place, but I did not see another DIY in front of me.

Some of these bike are ridiculous.

I was told I "we did not expect that out of your bike" .
Mainly, because I rode it there, and it sounded good.

It was a experience. I recommend that all you guys get to a bigger show and hear some of these Monsters.

I can destroy bikes at local bike nights, but these bikes paid to play. They spent money and sounded good. I will start a new thread tomorrow. I got to meet up with @bdrummer0413

We listened to each others bike, and his sounded good with all that MMat power. He convinced me to get there and compete.

Glad I got to meet another forum Member, and got to compete as well.

He should chime in with a new thread too.

Juice

Old 08-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Bringing this thread back to life!..

I have gotten a couple of PM's in regards to Kapone's Bar and Grill bike night this Friday..

Who all wants to come out and meet-up. There is a address and Staging area earlier in this thread.

Juice

Old 08-13-2019, 08:11 AM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,436 Likes on 4,132 Posts

I plan on being there this Friday. I may be a bit later as I'm coming from work in Auburn Hills. Would be amazing if the Harley gods could cast their joo joo on the Street Glide before then. It's in the shop. I still plan on being there, even if I have to cage it up there.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:16 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,476 Likes on 1,062 Posts

I wish there were more of you guys around my area! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:24 AM
IIBADII
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston_t
I am back and forth from Detroit to Chicago for work till mid May but if I am around I’m in, got 4 guys I ride with who will most likely come also. Keep me posted on a possible date. I’m hoping to do my install this weekend I decided against the 10’s and went with 8’s, really need the bag space with all my work traveling, parts are at the house waiting on me.

Babyboy has rings for 10" that fit in the back of the bag. Devil on the shoulder is telling you, "yes yes, we can sacrifice a few inches!"

Old 08-13-2019, 08:55 AM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,436 Likes on 4,132 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
I wish there were more of you guys around my area! Sounds like a lot of fun.
You're welcome here in MI anytime my friend.

90% of our population lives below I-69. The lions share of the lower as well as the whole upper peninsula are awesome for riding.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:24 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,476 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz
You're welcome here in MI anytime my friend.

90% of our population lives below I-69. The lions share of the lower as well as the whole upper peninsula are awesome for riding.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Thats a LONG ride for me on a bike. lol If I had a trailer, I may consider getting up that way sometime.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area!, Audio Enthusiast.