Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 electra glyde ultra

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 09:12 PM
Joseph Learn
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 electra glyde ultra

Been reading through all the forums for over a week now, and there seems to be a ton of different options and opinions! (Thank you for the wealth of information!)

I'm considering redoing my audio, as right now it's just a mess of distortion at any level loud enough for hwy speeds. It's currently all stock. A lot of the options I have found also seem to be for 2014 and up..

I listen to a wide range of music types also,

I don't need pro audiophile stuff, but I'd like it to at least sound good without distorting. I'm not opposed to replacing the HU and adding an amp, but I rely on FM for about half my riding when my phone has zero signal, which also has me confused because a large majority of the posts seems to say you lose FM signal with the addition of an amp.

I'd like to start out with the stock stuff, possible additional lower fairing speaker pods would be okay also. I'd like to keep my handlebar control functions also.

Budget is around $1000 or so, can go higher if need be to get it done right the first time.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Joseph Learn
6th Gear

Sony MEX-M100BT with handlebar controls kit for a HU? I could care less about the satelite radio, or the CD. I use mostly FM and sometimes BT from my phone
Amazon Amazon

Mmats601cx for fairing and tp? Do I need spacers or grills?

That HU pushes 100wattx4, do I still need an amp? FM reception is very important to me.

Thanks again

Old 07-16-2019, 06:08 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 111 Posts

You will still want an amp. You will need metra 82-9601 adapters for fairing. You will also need spacers for tourpack and grills for them as well. Unsure of exact size spacer since i havent used those speakers.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:21 PM
Joseph Learn
6th Gear

Originally Posted by USAproud
You will still want an amp. You will need metra 82-9601 adapters for fairing. You will also need spacers for tourpack and grills for them as well. Unsure of exact size spacer since i havent used those speakers.
Thank you for the quick reply!.

From what I read I want either a Arc moto 600.4 or the stinger 700.4 to maintain FM?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:39 PM
Bluesman280
Road Master
Received 186 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by USAproud
The Spacer I used on my 2005 tour pack was the VTwin speaker adapters. They look good, they fit nice, and the Mmats 601.cx will work with those adapters. They are a bit pricey but they do come with grills. You still have to rotate your speakers to a happy spot and notch a little bit of material out of the inner ring on the pods with a Dremel, but all well worth the effort.

The Mmats are a good choice.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Joseph Learn
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Bluesman280
The Spacer I used on my 2005 tour pack was the VTwin speaker adapters. They look good, they fit nice, and the Mmats 601.cx will work with those adapters. They are a bit pricey but they do come with grills. You still have to rotate your speakers to a happy spot and notch a little bit of material out of the inner ring on the pods with a Dremel, but all well worth the effort.

The Mmats are a good choice.
Thank you very much!

Old 07-16-2019, 09:07 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 716 Likes on 566 Posts

The mmats pa601.4cx speakers do NOT come with grills, they need to be purchased in ADDITION to the speakers.
M

Old 07-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Joseph Learn
6th Gear

Originally Posted by marcodarq
The mmats pa601.4cx speakers do NOT come with grills, they need to be purchased in ADDITION to the speakers.
M
Yeah I saw that. It was $118 for water proofing with grills and rings direct from their site.

Thank you for the heads up tho!

Old 07-16-2019, 09:51 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Anyone have pictures of the MMats grills? I’m having trouble finding one.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:45 AM
Joseph Learn
6th Gear

Originally Posted by eggwhite93
Anyone have pictures of the MMats grills? I’m having trouble finding one.
I couldn't find a picture of the mmat grills either

Quick Reply: 2013 electra glyde ultra