Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Lid Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 12:56 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by IArider1
The way I am understanding it, is he wants to add the Rockford speaker kit in conjunction with the boom speakers in the fairing.
That's the way I understood it as well. Not a good move.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:09 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

I don't know how that would work either, if you need to buy an amp anyway just buy one 4 channel amp and run it to power all 4 speakers, then you can get all 4 of them working together, and ditch the boom stuff all together.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:41 PM
franko3219
Road Warrior
Received 1,984 Likes on 749 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. To clarify, yes I am running the Boom Stage II kit with the amp for the front speakers. I am
not looking to switch out the front speakers at the moment necessarily. However, any future speaker kits, I’d like to go aftermarket for. I don’t think the Boom II are horrible, they put out pretty well at speed IMO, but I cannot disagree with the cost vs. output when you compare aftermarket.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:21 AM
Bluesman280
Road Master
Received 186 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by franko3219
Thanks for the feedback guys. To clarify, yes I am running the Boom Stage II kit with the amp for the front speakers. I am
not looking to switch out the front speakers at the moment necessarily. However, any future speaker kits, I’d like to go aftermarket for. I don’t think the Boom II are horrible, they put out pretty well at speed IMO, but I cannot disagree with the cost vs. output when you compare aftermarket.
Not sure if you will be able to integrate the boom system and the aftermarket world, as I have no experience with the boom audio. But, if you have enough room in the fairing, at least lean towards a 4 channel amp capable of handling your lid speakers and your front speakers as well. At least then you are only a second set of BT355's and a set of decent front speakers away from some major improvements. I don't necessarily think it is a cost vs output equation, more of a cost vs increased quality and output, decision. Not sure how the boom audio stuff sounds that you already have on your bike, but, once you get those speaker lids and a decent amp installed, you should easily be able to pawn off your Boom stuff for a set of speakers that should increase the output and the sound quality considerably. A few extra bucks spent now on a decent amp will save you the cost of having to replace it latter.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:28 PM
dirtbykerz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im new to the forum but im loving all the info so far guys! im in a similar situation I suppose and would like to pick everyones brain. I have a 2014 street glide special with the boom audio stage 2 amp and fairing speakers. what im wondering is, can I keep the amp hooked up on my bike and run new speakers in the fairing? mine just do not sound good at highway speeds and get distorted. has anyone done this?

Old 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,247 Likes on 2,953 Posts

Short answer is, you could. However, the real question is would you, and why? The replacement speakers would need to be 2ohm and rated at 75w. I don't know if you would gain enough to make it worth it.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:51 AM
dirtbykerz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's kind of what I was thinking. now as far as the flash goes that I had done to the radio for the stage 2 amp, is that just a basic flash that will support an aftermarket amp? or will I need to start all over and have another flash done if I went with another amp?

Old 06-13-2019, 03:21 PM
IArider1
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtbykerz
that's kind of what I was thinking. now as far as the flash goes that I had done to the radio for the stage 2 amp, is that just a basic flash that will support an aftermarket amp? or will I need to start all over and have another flash done if I went with another amp?
I do believe youll have to get it reflashed to an ultra flash, which is 4 speakers no amp.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:22 PM
rog246
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking with a RF dealer today and he wants to put RF speakers in my lids with amp and speakers in fairing and flash for approximately 2100. Wondering if I can get by for fairing only for 1300. Worried about losing room in saddle bags and cost?

Old 06-15-2019, 12:13 AM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Not many people in here are going to tell you that is a good deal. The main reason I don’t think it is a great deal is that you could have soooo much better for the same cost if you were to install it yourself and select better pieces. If you can’t or won’t do it yourself then I guess that’s what you have to pay.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Lid Speakers