Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Cardo Freecom 4X

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 12:57 PM
Johnfcc
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Cardo Freecom 4X

Just bought and installed a WHIM on my 2023 Ultra Limited. I also bought the Harley Freecom 4X. I have a couple of problems I can find a solution for.
1. I can pair the Cardo to the bike with no problem, but the audio is mono, not stereo. And it the is a slight static noise in the background. I thought if you paid your “Harley Tax” and bought Harley Branded equipment, the sound quality would be better or at least in stereo.

2. Additionally I bought half helmet mounts for the Freecom 4X. But the Freecom will not snap securely into the half helmet mount. But they mount fine in the full/3/4 helmet mount. So now even if I wanted to use the Freecom with the audio problem, I can’t wear the helmet I use the most.

Anyone else have experience with the Freecom 4X?

Last edited by Johnfcc; 04-06-2024 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:20 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 590 Likes on 309 Posts

I just looked and found nothing stating "stereo" is a capability. I think it is in the WHIM firmware to only do mono (on other than HD branded SENA units.) The WHIM is SENA.

I tell you I'd be pissed. I have the Sena 30K units and they work fine for me.

Old 04-06-2024, 01:45 PM
Johnfcc
Stage III

I am not happy. True, the WHIM was developed by Sena. But it is all Harley branded. It should all work seamlessly if you have the Harley brand on the box.

Old 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 622 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnfcc
I am not happy. True, the WHIM was developed by Sena. But it is all Harley branded. It should all work seamlessly if you have the Harley brand on the box.
I could be wrong but isn't the Freedom (Cardo) designed for the new Skyline system in the 2024's?
I don't recall any HD branded Cardo units designed to fully integrate with the previous GTS (2023 and down) head units...only Sena HD branded.
If this is what your dealership recommended and sold you I would start asking questions.

If so, I would have got them and a WHIM. I wanted Cardo and as I understand, the WHIM is designed for Sena.

Old 04-08-2024, 05:38 PM
Johnfcc
Stage III

I took the Cardo headsets back to my dealer parts counter with the receipt where I bought the WHIM and headsets. I asked the guy at the counter if Cardo is fully compatible with at 2023 bike with a WHIM. He did not know and it took him a few minutes to find out the answer was no. Then I asked him if a customer ordered a WHIM and Cardo headsets, would he advise the customer about the lack of compatibility, to which he said he would. My next question was why no one said anything to me when made my order. In the end they took back all the Cardo headsets and I have Sena headsets on order. I paid the cost difference between the Cardo and Sena. Now I am waiting for my new Sena headsets.

The other part of the story that bugs me is the Harley website. I put the year and model of my bike into the filter and looked at audio upgrades. At the top of the first page they show you is Cardo options. You have to dig two layers deep into the Cardo description to find out it is not compatible with a WHIM, yet it "fits my bike".