Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony DSX-S310BTX and Zumo 660 issue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Red-line
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sony DSX-S310BTX and Zumo 660 issue...

Hey there,

Just got back from a 1700km trip with my new audio system and encountered a little bug a long the way.

The bluetooth connection between my zumo 660 and DSX-S310BTX works just fine for MP3 audio, however doesn't seem to work with spoken instructions from the GPS. The MP3 audio mutes while spoken instructions are supposedly being transmitted. Can anyone with the same set up please let me know if you encounter the same?

Old 08-15-2013, 07:36 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

turn the volume up on the voice prompts for your GPS. There are seperate volume controls for each and even if you have volume turned all the way down (not off) for GPS, it will still mute MP3 playback.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Red-line
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
turn the volume up on the voice prompts for your GPS. There are seperate volume controls for each and even if you have volume turned all the way down (not off) for GPS, it will still mute MP3 playback.
Nope. I tried that first... I even tried changing the voice in case there was something wong with the voice file. I'm guessing yours works fine?

Will try resetting the radio, and clearing the Bluetooth on the Zuno next...

Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

could it be that your phone or maybe a bluetooth headset is interfering with it? I agree that you should completely reset the bluetooth functionality as well as when you're pairing up your zumo to the head unit that no other bluetooth devices are within proximity. Had a similar issue when initially pairing mine where it showed as being paired but was getting nothing from my zumo 665. I walked over to my computer to do some reading and heard this noise and I'm like WTF... only to find out it was paired with my BT headset that was sitting on the counter 50 ft away.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Red-line
Tourer

Well.... no dice.

I reset the radio, and cleared the pairings in the zumo and re-paired the units together.

I get MP3 audio, but voice prompts still mute MP3 audio while a navigational direction is given by the zumo. Volume is at 100% for both Audio and Navigation on the Zumo,validated that audio output is set to bluetooth headset and not headphone, and have tried different voice files (Jack and Jill USA). I am obviously playing off the Bluetooth audio source on the Sony Deck.

Interestingly enough, the Sony deck shows that I am paired to both a audio source AND a mobile phone as per the icons on the screen. However I only paired the zumo after resetting the Sony.

Don't know where to go from here... Ultra, have you successfully paired these units and had voice prompts work for you?

Thanks for all your help.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Yes sir I have in the Bluetooth Audio mode.. So has MontyCop05.. Are you using a Garmin unit or a Roadtech unit?

Originally Posted by Red-line
Well.... no dice.

I reset the radio, and cleared the pairings in the zumo and re-paired the units together.

I get MP3 audio, but voice prompts still mute MP3 audio while a navigational direction is given by the zumo. Volume is at 100% for both Audio and Navigation on the Zumo,validated that audio output is set to bluetooth headset and not headphone, and have tried different voice files (Jack and Jill USA). I am obviously playing off the Bluetooth audio source on the Sony Deck.

Interestingly enough, the Sony deck shows that I am paired to both a audio source AND a mobile phone as per the icons on the screen. However I only paired the zumo after resetting the Sony.

Don't know where to go from here... Ultra, have you successfully paired these units and had voice prompts work for you?

Thanks for all your help.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Red-line
Tourer

Yes sir I have in the Bluetooth Audio mode.. So has MontyCop05.. Are you using a Garmin unit or a Roadtech unit?
Using a Roadtech unit that I bought with the bike and was installed by the dealer.

Originally was using the headphone jack output into the aux input of the harley radio.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:28 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Red-line
Using a Roadtech unit that I bought with the bike and was installed by the dealer.

Originally was using the headphone jack output into the aux input of the harley radio.
well if the dealer installed it they should have installed it with the NIM to integrate it into the HD audio system. NIMrods.. no pun intended. :-)

As for your Sony.. if you want to shoot me your number in PM, when I get home later this afternoon I can give you a call and walk you through exactly what I'm doing when pairing mine up.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Red-line
Tourer

well if the dealer installed it they should have installed it with the NIM to integrate it into the HD audio system. NIMrods.. no pun intended. :-)
LOL

As for your Sony.. if you want to shoot me your number in PM, when I get home later this afternoon I can give you a call and walk you through exactly what I'm doing when pairing mine up.
Wow, cool I appreciate it. Tonight's not good as I'm out with my wife.
Will PM you.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Red-line
Tourer

Well,
I just tried my friend's Zumo 660 (also a roadtech model) paired to my Sony, and got the same results. So it's obviously not the GPS, but the radio, or some setting there.

Quick Reply: Sony DSX-S310BTX and Zumo 660 issue...