Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

magna chargers

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:54 AM
mark williton
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magna chargers

Just read posting asking about availability of magna charger kits for e.f.i bikes and the answer is still NO. I e mailed magna charger and asked about it, as I too was interested in a system for my 08 twin cam(Jims 107) Their e mail response to me was that they HAD spent several months AND $500,000 in r&d work and could not get it to work to their satisfaction... However, a simple ignition module change on the efi models WILL allow you to use a magna charger kit with a carb. As for why procharger is the only centrifigal player in the market, I honestly dont know, but assume it has something to do with r&d cost's,market share,etc....

Old 06-25-2011, 01:29 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the procharger you will be very very happy

Originally Posted by mark williton
Just read posting asking about availability of magna charger kits for e.f.i bikes and the answer is still NO. I e mailed magna charger and asked about it, as I too was interested in a system for my 08 twin cam(Jims 107) Their e mail response to me was that they HAD spent several months AND $500,000 in r&d work and could not get it to work to their satisfaction... However, a simple ignition module change on the efi models WILL allow you to use a magna charger kit with a carb. As for why procharger is the only centrifigal player in the market, I honestly dont know, but assume it has something to do with r&d cost's,market share,etc....

Old 07-03-2011, 05:23 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll bet they know that there is no room for two players in this limited market, especially in the current economy.

Last edited by geargrinder; 07-03-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:25 AM
flhtbagger
Stage I

I have had an Magnacharger on my 1985 FLHT since 2001
very hard to make big power and takes monthes to get carb right
wish I had a Procharger!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Get an Aerocharger Turbo...bolt on and away yah go.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Fastrider124
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a Magnacharger on my 95" Twin Cam for 3 yrs. It performed perfectly after I go thru the screen of misinformation and lack of real help from them.
Initially setup up with the 40mm Keihin carb, it worked OK. All info concerning approriate cams etc where out to lunch. Runs on dyno proved to make less power than the original 10.2comp, 510, Crane cams.
I nstalled a 42 Mikuni, they provided the perfect specs (their words) for the needle configuration, engine slobbered unburnt fuel out the tailpipe and wouldn't even idle.
I recut a new needle proportioning the tapers according to %'s on the Keihin carb and replaced the cam with one actually designed to work with a supercharger. After some minor needle tuning (3-4 attemps), the bike lit up. 165 mph at 6500rpm, 12lbs boost, 11.07 @123 in 1/4 125hp?125t from 2900 to 6500. Awesome pull for the entire 25000klms, but lowsy mileage made me decide to go a S&S T124, about the same power, not quite the same rush, but close enough and 42 mpg doesn't hurt. Fwiw Fastrider124

Old 06-19-2012, 02:57 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

What does a Magnacharger cost?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 PM
ezeerider
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Fastrider124
I ran a Magnacharger on my 95" Twin Cam for 3 yrs. It performed perfectly after I go thru the screen of misinformation and lack of real help from them.
Initially setup up with the 40mm Keihin carb, it worked OK. All info concerning approriate cams etc where out to lunch. Runs on dyno proved to make less power than the original 10.2comp, 510, Crane cams.
I nstalled a 42 Mikuni, they provided the perfect specs (their words) for the needle configuration, engine slobbered unburnt fuel out the tailpipe and wouldn't even idle.
I recut a new needle proportioning the tapers according to %'s on the Keihin carb and replaced the cam with one actually designed to work with a supercharger. After some minor needle tuning (3-4 attemps), the bike lit up. 165 mph at 6500rpm, 12lbs boost, 11.07 @123 in 1/4 125hp?125t from 2900 to 6500. Awesome pull for the entire 25000klms, but lowsy mileage made me decide to go a S&S T124, about the same power, not quite the same rush, but close enough and 42 mpg doesn't hurt. Fwiw Fastrider124
I have one of the 80 inch Magnacharger kits that I was told by the previous owner had been regeared to work with a 100 inch engine. I assume that means its geared for a little extra boost. I have a 1998 80 inch evo engine that needs a top end job and I'm getting ready to tear it down. I'm thinking about putting the Magnacharger on it. What recommendations would you have as far as head work, cam and carburation for this setup? This is going to be a street bike.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 PM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Andrews EV31 cam is specifically fir blower/turbo engines. Run one on my turbo Evo and love it. Note as wild or as peaky as the EV35 I originally ran - smoother power delivery from the 31.

I run stock heads and a CV40 carb with a custom needle.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want my OP stay away from Bill at Magna Charger We are rebuilding one now and putting a procharger on it. His motor took a sh*** twice with Magna charger from Bill Gears drop down wiped out bottom end less than 2000 miles twice this is 3rd rebuild with new crank
(We did not do the first 2 builds) I told him we will not install Magna charger I will only build the motor and install Procharger or Trask...
Building a 98 Stage 3 Dragos blower motor with Procharger 10 psi boost 165 hp easy this a 85,000 thou bike custom from frame to etc.,

I have been building blower bikes for over 13 years and every Magna charger I see I run from now. We have rebuilt them many of times from all over. No support from him just says its your fault or customer did something wrong. Sent in two manifolds to him over 6 months to get them back. So we took them off and put prochargers on them. Sorry dont mean to be like this but blahhhht........
Magna Charger the company is makes a great products... But Bill that has Magna charger for Motorcycles well ..............thats a different story on its own. Does not even have his own website customer did that and put it up.
I can post pics of one thats a 5000 dollar paper weight..
Thanks
FD

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 02-20-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Quick Reply: magna chargers