Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another member of the dropped bike club of shame

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Hammerdown77
Tourer
Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Another member of the dropped bike club of shame

Well, it happened today. I dropped my Fat Bob. Leaving work, I have to make an immediate 90 degree left from a dead stop out of the parking garage. It's something I've done hundreds of times, easy peasy. Today, however, I was a little too inattentive with my clutch control and I stalled it mid turn, bars full lock to the left. Made a valiant attempt to catch it, but couldn't, and down she went. Tossed me *** over tea kettle, too. Of course there were a host of my co-workers around to witness my shame. Thankfully, one of them helped me pick her up.

Damage was surprisingly little. Scuffed the mirror stem on the left side, as well as the tip of the clutch lever. Didn't break it off though, which was good. Didn't even scuff the grip, which is surprising. Scuffed the silver clutch inspection cover. Knocked my National Cycle Deflector screen all out of kilter, and tweaked my bars/risers a bit to the left. Shift lever looks to be a bit bent toward the center of the bike, but not much. Just enough to notice if you look at it closely, and it's still perfectly usable. Other than those things, nothing else. Nothing broken off, no dents in the tank or tins. I have some throw over bags on the bike, and those served to provide something for the bike to land on, so that probably saved it from more damage.

It's going to take my pride a while to recover though.

Last edited by Hammerdown77; 09-23-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:57 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

That sucks.It has or will happin to all. The worst thing is dropping it in front of people that probably wont let you forget it.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:00 PM
DugzKine
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

welcome.. dropped every bike ive owned atleast once in the garage. have yet to drop the fxdf, but im sure itll happen sooner or later. the jokes will continue, just gotta laugh it off. i am. haha

Old 09-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The first rule of the dropped bike club is we don't talk about the dropped bike club.

Glad to hear it was relatively minor. Pride may take longer to fix. I know it did when I dropped mine. Oh dang forgot the first rule.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:10 PM
CajunGlide03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

But welcome to "the club" anyway...

Old 09-23-2014, 08:55 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

Well, at least you got that out of the way.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:17 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Dropped my also,when the guy ran a stop sign and knocked me down HARD.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:37 PM
KCScott
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tufel
The first rule of the dropped bike club is we don't talk about the dropped bike club.

I laughed

Old 09-23-2014, 09:47 PM
racer11
Advanced

Ridding buddy of mine that has been riding since last summer has dropped his sporty 5 times,,once at my house.

Needless to say I do not let him ride next to me on the highway.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:02 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

I can't imagine how that ride home went in your head right after it happened. It could go from tears, calling yourself a dummy, laughing at it, pissed off, blaming Harley, blaming God.... So many possible emotions while just riding home! I just hope I can delay my drop for as long as possible. It's not IF, it's WHEN.

Quick Reply: Another member of the dropped bike club of shame