Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 06:31 PM
bl_dg
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
I don't know how it would fit, but I have a beat up 99 DWG seat you can have for the cost of shipping if you want to try it.
Thanks - PM sent!

Old 05-11-2017, 09:42 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I got the contract for the plating job in my email. I have to print it, sign it, and fax it to them, and pay the money before they start the work.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Nice. I like the simple covers too.

Oh, you need to make a simple little black cover for the back of your plate mount.

On task!

Not many options with that pathetic HD flip out 2-piece sliding license plate setup. Played with a few ideas but the simplest solution ended up being to paint the back of the license plate so it would disappear a bit more

I do truly appreciate your eye, and your suggestion. It's better now. I'd love to use a curved vertical plate mount but in Michigan that will just invite the Man in to your life; illegal. So for now, it's what it is.

I despise that flip out license plate; it has no business on a Wide Glide. Soon. My driveway has a pretty steep slope, with the over Wide Glide tubes even using the Bung King jiffy extension you'd best still use a 2 x 4

Old 05-11-2017, 03:36 PM
jayelrider
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Took the "Warning! Motorcycle riding is dangerous" sticker off the stock air cleaner. I often wonder who rode this 8000 miles before me and did nothing to it.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:52 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
On task!

Not many options with that pathetic HD flip out 2-piece sliding license plate setup. Played with a few ideas but the simplest solution ended up being to paint the back of the license plate so it would disappear a bit more

I do truly appreciate your eye, and your suggestion. It's better now. I'd love to use a curved vertical plate mount but in Michigan that will just invite the Man in to your life; illegal. So for now, it's what it is.

I despise that flip out license plate; it has no business on a Wide Glide. Soon. My driveway has a pretty steep slope, with the over Wide Glide tubes even using the Bung King jiffy extension you'd best still use a 2 x 4

Much better! Cheap, too. Bonus.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:04 PM
SixDD
Banned

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
On task!

I have a black louvered license plate rear piece I used to have on a side mounted plate. I can take a picture of it tonight and if you want it Ill mail it to you. It probably needs a fresh coat of paint.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:19 PM
SixDD
Banned

Well, I signed the contract and paid the guy @ Paul's Chrome Plating @ http://www.paulschrome.com Now ill just sit back and wait for my newly chromed Street Bob dash and screws.

Happy Birthday to me!

Old 05-12-2017, 07:56 AM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jayelrider
Took the "Warning! Motorcycle riding is dangerous" sticker off the stock air cleaner. I often wonder who rode this 8000 miles before me and did nothing to it.
Wait. What?? Motorcycle riding is dangerous?? You would think people would tell you these things!

Old 05-12-2017, 08:03 AM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Service Manual finally arrived in the mail. Now I can really screw some **** up!

The following 2 users liked this post by TBT3:
blueangel73 (05-12-2017), Yamaharley (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Monteman1971
Road Captain
Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts

I've done more than a few appearance upgrades since I got the bike but this is the first time I'm posting it. Something as simple as these stirrups made a big difference in my riding comfort. The bike already had the forward pegs and my legs are on the short side so these are really great to rest my heel on while riding.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?