Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear turn signal relocation question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:24 PM
baxter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear turn signal relocation question

ive relocated the rear turn signals but now i have the ugly lil indented space and an extra hole in the bracket that covered the rear fender support. does harley or anyone sell somthing to cover thator fill the space? its a pretty odd shape so im having trouble figuring out how to make it look flush.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:38 PM
baxter
Road Warrior
Default RE: rear turn signal relocation question

hasnt anyone relocated their rear signals? what did you do with the gap left by the old turnsignal mount?

Old 04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: baxter

hasnt anyone relocated their rear signals? what did you do with the gap left by the old turnsignal mount?
Baxter, the correct quick-disconnect kit (for sissybars, racks, bags, etc.) comes with a chrome oval shaped cover that is held in place by the back strut bolt.You should be able to see it against my black strut covers in the attached pic.If it comes with the kit, I'm sure you can order them from your dealerw/o purchasing the entire kit.- I can get you a part # Monday night unless someone beats me to it. Tired, sore and sunburned; 200 miles on a recently repaired rotator cuff - ouch! Think I'll just sit in my command module for a while...

Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

i figured they had to have something, thanks for the info. if you happen to come across the part number then id appreciatte it since i had asked the part guys at the dealer two days ago while picking up my paint and oil. all i got from them was a confused look and an i dont know what that would be ?....... morons ! yet another frustrating episode of me at the parts counter... maybe they have a gas leak in there of something, they dont seem completely there haha.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 AM
06FXDCIRider
Cruiser

You'll have to get hold of the dealer and tell them you need those oval shaped washer doodads to cover the indentation on the fender strut. Too bad HD cant' spring for them when you buy the kit. I just did the lay back plate with the rear turn signal relocation bar for the lights. About $135 if I remember correctly. You would think that after spending that much money HD would have put the damn oval covers for the struts in there. Hell, the dealers parts guy didn't even know what I was asking for at first. You'll have to get those two oval washers and I used some cap head type allen bolts and put some acorn nuts on them for show on the outside. The cap head bolts will give you plenty of room for the stock tire and even an oversize tire maybe later on.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A short polished s/s or chromed 3/8" bolt will also do the trick.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have some here if ya cant find them.... PM me and I can send them. Trotter

Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 AM
strich
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 06FXDCIRider

You'll have to get hold of the dealer and tell them you need those oval shaped washer doodads to cover the indentation on the fender strut. Too bad HD cant' spring for them when you buy the kit. I just did the lay back plate with the rear turn signal relocation bar for the lights. About $135 if I remember correctly. You would think that after spending that much money HD would have put the damn oval covers for the struts in there. Hell, the dealers parts guy didn't even know what I was asking for at first. You'll have to get those two oval washers and I used some cap head type allen bolts and put some acorn nuts on them for show on the outside. The cap head bolts will give you plenty of room for the stock tire and even an oversize tire maybe later on.
Do you have a pic of your new mod? I'm about ready to do it and i'd like to see if it's the same i was considering. Is there a lot involved in doing it? I figured some rewiring and unbolting, etc. Do you have to remove the back tire to get to everything under the fender?

thanks!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:10 AM
markdt
Road Captain

Drilled another hole through the fender and put a nice shiny buttone head bolt through it. I also placed a rubber grommet between the fender strut and cover so that it wouldn't squish it. This week I finaly just removed the chrome strut covers and painted the struts black . Mark..

Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Trotter
Banned

47531-06 Is what I rember

[IMG]local://upfiles/24219/F6294DA8B27C4906834096DCF57530FF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: rear turn signal relocation question