Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 Wide Glide Stage 1 Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 05:42 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankDaTank182
Thanks for the information. After doing a lot of research yesterday, it seems the warranty wont be affected unless it is a direct result of the tuner that something messed up. So I will most likely do It all myself. Looks like I will go with the short shots, arlen ness big sucker A/C, and the PV2 tuner, all for around 970. So that seems a lot more realistic. So after this and new seats and back rests for the wife, im looking right at 2 grand. not too bad.
The warranty on your bike should not be effected by you doing this work. If you change the compression in the motor thats another story lol. I have my stage one that I did all on my own with a tune from Jamie at FM (DAMN GOOD PEOPLE!) Took my bike in for service and they noted a bad motor mount and rear seal. Replaced under warranty at 0 cost with 0 questions asked.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:42 AM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Don't want to hijack this thread but what is a life of cycle warranty? Title is self explanatory. Where did you get it, cost, coverage?

Old 01-17-2015, 08:42 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I don't know anything about these pipes really but this is member "Robbyville" after he just installed a robust cam. This is after a good tune and for what's behind the cam it sounds great at idle

Just another possibility for you. Robby makes that pipe sound good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z_x...ature=youtu.be
Thanks for the compliment!

I would say that the Python Throwbacks (Made by V&H) are a good alternative. I wanted a slightly different look since the shortshots seem to be everywhere (no offense, obviously they're popular for a reason, look good, sound good, nice pricing). These are about 2 inches longer than the shortshots, come factory wrapped (which I painted black), with the nice chrome ends which are removable, and bolt on easily. The sound is slightly deeper than the SS as well.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Zack1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wastedranger
Don't want to hijack this thread but what is a life of cycle warranty? Title is self explanatory. Where did you get it, cost, coverage?
When I bought my new 14 wg last august I was signing papers for it and they told me it came with a life of cycle warranty. He said as long as a hd licensed dealer done all the services and done all the major upgrades that the bike had a manufacturer warranty as long as I owned the bike

Old 01-17-2015, 03:43 PM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Zack1
When I bought my new 14 wg last august I was signing papers for it and they told me it came with a life of cycle warranty. He said as long as a hd licensed dealer done all the services and done all the major upgrades that the bike had a manufacturer warranty as long as I owned the bike
I find this amazing. It's hard to believe though. They warrant bikes unlimited mileage for 2 years and reman motors for 1. This has to be through the dealership or a misunderstanding. I would definitely like to know more.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:19 PM
FrankDaTank182
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally pulled the trigger

Finally decided what I was going to do.

Ordered all my parts:

Black diamond outlaw A/C kit and P/V 2 Tuner from DK Customs

V&H short shots from j&P

And a new seat from corbin, and sissy bar hardware from Harley.

All together it was only 2,230, bout 900 bucks cheaper than the dealership quoted me. Got better quality stuff for cheaper. And the wife is happy because I stayed under what Harley wanted. Now just to wait for the parts to come in!!!

Old 02-06-2015, 03:15 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Congrats! Will need pics once complete!

Old 02-06-2015, 03:27 PM
FrankDaTank182
Advanced

Absolutely. The good thing about being offshore right now, is that waiting for my parts to come in won't be as hard. so once I go in everything should be in and waiting for me to slap them on.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:50 AM
FrankDaTank182
Advanced
Default Pictures of Stage 1

Finally got in and most of my new parts came in. Installed the V&H Short Shots, and DK Customs A/C and Outlaw breather bolts. Then Installed the PV2 and got her running like a champ!

Before Pic

Short Shots, And DK customs A/C

Outlaw Breather Bolts

Also installed the tail light relocation kit, docking hardware, and H-D detachable sissy bar. Slowly making her one of a kind, now just to wait for the new corbin seat to come in.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:46 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Looks AWESOME

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Quick Reply: 14 Wide Glide Stage 1 Upgrade Question