Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New suspension system from Harley!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 02:54 PM
XKHemi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New suspension system from Harley!

Check out what Harley has now for Dynas. I wonder if this is worth a damn.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ridge-fork-kit

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...mulsion-shocks

Old 01-21-2015, 03:04 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

front looks like junk, rear looks like a waste of money.

ill stick with the performance proven companies like ohlins, works, racetech, etc.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:36 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,264 Likes on 11,133 Posts

"Premium Ride", what does that mean?
Is that better than the "Regular Ride" on my Superglide?

Old 01-21-2015, 03:41 PM
mikeg212001
Tourer

Pass.. What do those rear shocks have, about an inch of travel? The front looks like it still use a damper rod on on side, and they are trying to pass off progressive rate springs as triple rate..garbage

Old 01-21-2015, 03:45 PM
XKHemi
Advanced

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
front looks like junk, rear looks like a waste of money.

ill stick with the performance proven companies like ohlins, works, racetech, etc.
Hey Stupid, which tried and true suspension components are you running since it sounds like you have some real deep pockets running all those major brands. I know for the most part you get what you pay for. However, I don't think my pockets are as deep as yours, i just happened to see that they have some new suspension parts out. I am always looking for some improved parts for my bike.

Thanks

Old 01-21-2015, 03:48 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Why is it that every time something new comes along for a bike that's being offered from the MOCO everybody jumps all over it and automatically condemns it as absolute trash? I'll guarantee you beyond a doubt that those two systems are made by another company with a tried and true track record and the only thing that the MOCO has to do with them is sign a contract for marketing purposes and then put their Logo on it.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:00 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by XKHemi
Hey Stupid, which tried and true suspension components are you running since it sounds like you have some real deep pockets running all those major brands. I know for the most part you get what you pay for. However, I don't think my pockets are as deep as yours, i just happened to see that they have some new suspension parts out. I am always looking for some improved parts for my bike.

Thanks
Knowing nothing about these components yet since they're new, not sure that you want to be someone's guinea pig, but that's up to you. I would for a change agree with Oldenuf in that people just love to jump whenever HD introduces something new and could be that they're made for them by an upstanding company.

That being said, if you are looking to improve the handling of your bike on a budget you may want to look at Ricor Intiminators for your front end. If compatible you can spend $242 or so, for the units including the oil needed. Installation is a breeze with normal tools. Many people recommend them to stiffen up and enhance your front end and you can keep your stock springs. Or you can add an aftermarket spring as well.
I just did mine, and frankly don't have enough miles on them yet to truly give a great review, but I did do about 40 miles yesterday and can tell you that the handling is much much better than stock.

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Why is it that every time something new comes along for a bike that's being offered from the MOCO everybody jumps all over it and automatically condemns it as absolute trash? I'll guarantee you beyond a doubt that those two systems are made by another company with a tried and true track record and the only thing that the MOCO has to do with them is sign a contract for marketing purposes and then put their Logo on it.

I agree here. Plenty of good HD products out there.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:11 PM
XKHemi
Advanced

Originally Posted by robbyville
Knowing nothing about these components yet since they're new, not sure that you want to be someone's guinea pig, but that's up to you. I would for a change agree with Oldenuf in that people just love to jump whenever HD introduces something new and could be that they're made for them by an upstanding company.

That being said, if you are looking to improve the handling of your bike on a budget you may want to look at Ricor Intiminators for your front end. If compatible you can spend $242 or so, for the units including the oil needed. Installation is a breeze with normal tools. Many people recommend them to stiffen up and enhance your front end and you can keep your stock springs. Or you can add an aftermarket spring as well.
I just did mine, and frankly don't have enough miles on them yet to truly give a great review, but I did do about 40 miles yesterday and can tell you that the handling is much much better than stock.

I agree here. Plenty of good HD products out there.
I hear you about not being the guinea pig. I did put the intiminators in last spring along with Speed Merchants adjustors and put about 5k miles on it since. I'm still not sure it's the cats meow. I prolly need to do more tuning. I generally dont buy H-D parts for my bike but thought it's interesting that they are trying something new. I have no doubt that they had someone else build these parts at some overseas loction and put the magical sticker on it to make it their own.

Last edited by XKHemi; 01-21-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:19 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I hear you about not being the guinea pig. I did put the intiminators in last spring along with Speed Merchants adjustors and put about 5k miles on it since. I'm still not sure it's the cats meow. I prolly need to do more tuning. I generally dont buy H-D parts for my bike but thought it's interesting that they are trying something new. I have no doubt that they had someone else build these parts at some overseas loction and put the magical sticker on it to make it their own.
Are you using stock spring? I bought the Traxxion's so don't know what the Intiminator's are like without an additional spring. I know Squidhead has certainly run the gamut of front end changes and speaks highly of the Works Triple rate springs along with the Int. Starting to get pricey though...

Old 01-21-2015, 04:32 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you've already bought the adjusters and intiminators, get some straight rate springs and be done with it. I'm sure that will be a better ride then this cartridge kit. I've heard of plenty of people not happy with the progressive drop in cartridge kit and I'm sure this is similar

Quick Reply: New suspension system from Harley!