Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stage 1 fuel miliage

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 03:13 PM
IornStreetBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stage 1 fuel miliage

hey guys just curious here i took my street bob out out some miles on it just curious what people are getting to a tank i think im clocking about 150 from full till fuel light. I have a stock 103 with thunderheader SE AC and PCV from fuel moto. i do a mix between freeway and in city

Old 02-15-2015, 03:24 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,550 Likes on 668 Posts

I noticed a big hit in fuel mileage in the winter mostly, combined with stage 1, and wind protection. I also have a Range of 150 or so when I fill up. I do a mix of freeway and city as well, then my mpg goes up quite a bit just cruising back roads. I havent had my full stage 1 out in warm temps since I put it on in January. But with pipes and a tune in the summer I would average 39-40mpg

Old 02-16-2015, 01:04 AM
IornStreetBob
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s
I noticed a big hit in fuel mileage in the winter mostly, combined with stage 1, and wind protection. I also have a Range of 150 or so when I fill up. I do a mix of freeway and city as well, then my mpg goes up quite a bit just cruising back roads. I havent had my full stage 1 out in warm temps since I put it on in January. But with pipes and a tune in the summer I would average 39-40mpg
alright that makes me fell better this is the first time ive done stage one on a bike so wasnt sure what to expect so that makes me fell better.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:08 AM
petebucy
1st Gear

I have a 2009 Dyna Super Glide. It has a Stage-1, 551 Easy Start cams but not much else done to the motor. I get around 48 to 51 mpg during the summer when the windshield and vinyl lowers are not on the bike. In the winter, with a tall Memphis Fats windshield and hand-guard extensions and Desert Dawgs lowers, my mileage falls off to around 42 mpg. Just about everyone that I know complains about winter mileage being less than in the summer. If you live in an area with seasonal blends of gasoline, that could be a factor, though I read a while back that winter blends should produce better fuel economy.

If you have tuner on your bike, it can really cut your mileage if it is either not set up correctly or if you have a motor that can handle a high-fuel/air intake volume.

AJ from Open Road Cycles in Denver, NC can configure a tuner to deliver either extended range or maximum performance, depending on what you want. He has one model that will let him adjust these parameters on the fly.

Pete

Originally Posted by IornStreetBob
hey guys just curious here i took my street bob out out some miles on it just curious what people are getting to a tank i think im clocking about 150 from full till fuel light. I have a stock 103 with thunderheader SE AC and PCV from fuel moto. i do a mix between freeway and in city

Old 02-16-2015, 08:01 AM
wilddave
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm always messing with my tune, but last tank was 48 mpg. I have a stage 1 with V&H FP3.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:08 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 971 Likes on 734 Posts

According to your post you never calculated the actual mileage. How many gallons did you use in 150 miles? These gauges and MTE functions are notoriously inaccurate, so do a proper calculation and let us know what it really is.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:37 PM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I will be keeping an eye on this one, because i was getting terrible gas mileage on my 2014.5 low rider.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:41 PM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,662 Likes on 948 Posts

There is a difference between winter and summer fuel. Better mileage with summer blend. Read your manual on the back of your speedo is a button press it it will tell you how far you can go at full, or how much you have left in millage. Me I don't give a **** about mileage I just ride.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by IornStreetBob
You need to calculate your fuel mileage in order to even know if you're getting good or bad mileage in the first place. My gauge is way off and my light is close but still have .5 -.7 of a gallon in there when it says I should be pushing it. My Bob is a 103, T-Header, Ness Big Sucker II A/C and on the norm get's about 43mpg with a mix of freeway and around town riding. If I'm all open road riding at 80-90mph, I average about 46mpg and I've gotten as much as 48mpg before. Figure your mileage and compare.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:42 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by touchdown
There is a difference between winter and summer fuel. Better mileage with summer blend. Read your manual on the back of your speedo is a button press it it will tell you how far you can go at full, or how much you have left in millage. Me I don't give a **** about mileage I just ride.
Haha! Thinkin the same thing! Just ride the mother father!

Quick Reply: stage 1 fuel miliage