Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Seat Encyclopedia

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 07:05 PM
parrishbjj
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im looking for a seat to use on my bike as well as my girls bike. Both dynas. 2006 and 2011. Both bikes have forward controls and it would help if it was a narrow low seat. Im really thinking about the Le Pera bare bones. But, does that seat move you back? If so, it just wont work. we are both short legged!! Just need input on that seat or another like it that may move you forward.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:03 AM
HarleyBob52
Road Warrior
Received 627 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by parrishbjj
Im looking for a seat to use on my bike as well as my girls bike. Both dynas. 2006 and 2011. Both bikes have forward controls and it would help if it was a narrow low seat. Im really thinking about the Le Pera bare bones. But, does that seat move you back? If so, it just wont work. we are both short legged!! Just need input on that seat or another like it that may move you forward.
I have been looking at the same seat. I believe the regular bare bones does move you back just a little...They make an "upfront" bare bones which will move you forward..

Old 06-15-2015, 01:43 PM
bobby2gunz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LaPera Bare Bones on my 2013 FXDB. IMHO best looking seat for the lines of the bike..that being said it can be a real pain in the A** after a hundred miles or so, but then again, I'm scaring the hell out of sixty. It does move you back compared against the stock seat. I'm six foot with a 34" inseam. My bike has mids and I can slide back and forth to adjust position easily.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Seat Encyclopedia-20150607_182928.jpg  
Old 07-21-2015, 03:48 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Adding update here.
Trying a mustang wide vintage touring. Had one on sporty and liked it.
On dyna it is comfortable seating but either raised or wider or both so now can't flat foot at lights . Wondering if a non- wide version would be better??
I like position of stock LR - just not comfort of foam. Might have to try just having it rebuilt with better materials!

Originally Posted by rednred
Starting point is 2014 low rider. I am 5'10" ... 30" inseam. I actually like the way stock seat fits (without optional 'spacer'). I am easily flat-footed while stopped. Bad news is foam -- it is stupid/worthless. Got a saddleman RS -- basically a tufted explorer. It puts me up and forward just a little bit ... still ok. Mix of foam and gel is super nice. With backrest it is awesome but I don't use backrest very often. Without backrest the shape of seat itself does not fit my bottom side. I tried/really wanted it to work but it just doesn't for me. Highly recommended for someone with right shape bottom.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:53 PM
charger426
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seat: Harley Davidson Sundowner Dual
Material: Vinyl
options/custom: None that I'm aware of
Position as compared to stock: Up 1" and forward 1"
Pros: Better material / foam than stock. Thicker cushion, slightly firmer.
Cons: Moved me forward too much. Felt too cramped.

Soooooo hope the forward an inch isn't true. Just ordered a Sundowner in hopes of fixing the back pains I've had with both a Mustang Wide touring and wide tripper solos.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:18 PM
Scrambler900
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just bought a sundowner for my 2015 LR for when I ride with my wife. The stock seat looks awesome but is horrible after an hour or so. My plan was to just put I t on when my wife rode with me. Well it's been three weeks and it's still on there. It is one ugly seat at first but it grows on you. I'm leaving it on for good. It moves you up and forward a bit but I got used to it.

Last edited by Scrambler900; 07-21-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 PM
skooli
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Diamond stitch Lepera Bare Bones. Way more comfortable than it looks, but you aren't gonna want to cross country on it.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:10 PM
charger426
Cruiser

Yeah I'm using my reduced reach seat that came with the bike when I bought it and to be honest now that I've adjusted foot controlles it's not that bad. There is a pressure point right in the middle of the seat for me which looks like that's where the sundowner cups in. Fingers crossed that the SD will be THE seat for me. I'm kinda expecting to have to put on further forward mids or floorboards to get that final level of comfort.

Last edited by charger426; 07-22-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:38 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I use the HD Signature series with back rest althought the backrest isn't in the picture and the factory solo for around town

Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 PM
charger426
Cruiser

Originally Posted by charger426
Seat: Harley Davidson Sundowner Dual
Material: Vinyl
options/custom: None that I'm aware of
Position as compared to stock: Up 1" and forward 1"
Pros: Better material / foam than stock. Thicker cushion, slightly firmer.
Cons: Moved me forward too much. Felt too cramped.

Soooooo hope the forward an inch isn't true. Just ordered a Sundowner in hopes of fixing the back pains I've had with both a Mustang Wide touring and wide tripper solos.
Just got my SunDowner and I will say that when comparing it to the reduced reach seat I had on the bike for the last couple of days its a night and day difference. I didn't notice any change in actual seat hight but I also have no problem flat footing the bike (6' 3"). I do feel like it moved me back in the saddle more and gave me a little more leg room on my mids. I just ordered a set of further forward mids which after ridding with this seat I don't know if they are really needed.

Quick Reply: Dyna Seat Encyclopedia