Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sup ya'll, been awhile. Pics of some changes for the upcoming season.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:01 AM
rdmption
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sup ya'll, been awhile. Pics of some changes for the upcoming season.

Hey fellas, I haven't been on in sometime, figured everyone loves pictures so.. it would be the best way to dive back in.

Can't remember if I shared this, but late last year I went down for the first time heading to my house in upstate NY. They were fixing the roads and I hit gravel going into a tight turn. The bike slid sideways for a yard, caught traction and flipped to the other side, bucking me right off.

So going into the winter I planned on doing all the necessary body work and then some. I wanted to dish and spray the tank, finally spray the rear fender and powder-coat a ton of parts. Long story short, I never got around to it, plus my buddies are telling me the dent adds character - I was never the one to keep the bike spotless so maybe it actually fits my personality.

I pulled the trigger on some parts on my wishlist and did some serious wrenching this weekend to get her one step closer to riding season.

Here's what i've done and what's left:

PS monotube - lowered the front
PS 412s - slapped 'em back on to level the drop
Biltwell window bars - debating on adding a riser
Put the front signals back on so I can finally pass inspection
Removed the rigid sissy to swap it for a one-piece detach but ran into a slight issue with the docking hardware. In the meantime I'll ride without one.
Got rid of the strut brace covers and the rear TS brackets to clean up/tighten up the rear.
Replaced fork pinch bolts to Allen - this was long overdue

Still to do:

Forward controls
Joker machine AC
wrap exhaust
Figure out what I'm doing with the one-piece sissy
Fab up a license plate bracket - i used to run it zipped to my rigid sissy.

And I think that's pretty much it. Oh, I need some feedback, should I add a riser to bring the bars closer.. I hate how I have to run them in line with the rake. I want them to sit more vertical. Here's the question, should I add an angled riser (curved) or straight? I think if I go angled I should keep it short so it doesn't look goofy, but with a straight I have to go longer to give me enough pullback.

Thanks for looking!

Old 03-24-2015, 11:42 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"sup?"

Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Looking good! As far as the risers I don't know....