Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley noob looks for sissy bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Tom-Wide
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley noob looks for sissy bar

Hi i just bought a 2000 Wilde Glide, its my first Harley.
I am looking for a round sissy bar type without backrest and with quick release system. I only want to use it to secure my dry bag/roller bag on it as i want it to stand on the passanger seat and secure it to the sissy bar.

Ther is sidebags with the bike that uses Ghostbrackets quick release.
I want to be abel to use both sidebags and sissy bar at the same time.
Am i asking for to much or is ther a option out ther?

This is the best picture i have of it right now.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:17 PM
JustOneDean
Road Warrior
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

I put Harley's medallion-style sissy bar and Easy Brackets (similar to Ghost Brackets) on my bike. If the Ghost Brackets mount the same way, you may need longer screws for the mounting posts attached to the fender. Can you give us a close-up pic of those mounting posts, so we can see how they're attached?

Old 06-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Tom-Wide
3rd Gear

I don't get the bike before a week

Old 06-04-2015, 01:17 AM
JustOneDean
Road Warrior
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

No rush, then. I reckon that if there's any issue, it'll be the sideplates, which hold the sissy bar to the fender, taking up enough space that the bolts holding the saddlebag mounting posts in place will be too short.

Visit this webpage: http://www.edgeleather.com/Harley-Da...6-to-2003.html

The "Edge Brackets" are just renamed Ghost Brackets. The link I posted shows the set that you would order for your bike. I don't know if that's the same as what's on there now, because they may have changed the product since the previous owner installed the Ghost Brackets.

If the hardware hasn't changed, then the first product listed on that page is what's on your bike. It will fit with no sissy bar or with Harley's hardmount sissy bar - meaning if you got one of the rigid-mount bars from Harley, you'd be able to install without a problem. If you want the detachable sissy bar, it looks like the second product listed is what you would need. I haven't seen one of the detachables up close, so I don't know the exact difference. My guess is that it takes up more room and so the bolts for the bracket mounting posts need to be longer.

Whatever the difference is, it looks like the third product down contains the hardware you'd need to install the detachable sissy bar on a bike that already has Ghost Brackets. If you want the detachable sissy bar, according to this website, that $14.95 kit is what you need. If you want the detachable bar, I would call the number on that website and ask what the difference is between the kits. If you're fine with the hardmount, you should be all right with what you've got, but I would also call just to double-check that there haven't been any changes in their hardware that would necessitate you getting something different.

If it matters, here's the original Ghost Brackets page: http://www.ghostbrackets.com/content/view/132/35/

Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 AM
Tom-Wide
3rd Gear

Thanks a lot. Will have a deeper look at i later today.