Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 10:48 AM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
I know Howard does the right thing all the time but Motorcycle Metal has to redesign their website. It's 2015 and buyers do a lot of pre-purchase research on IPADS, etc. Hard to do on the MM site.
I will pass that on to him. He is probably unaware of this issue and its always good to give positive and negative feedback so the vendor can make changes to improve his service.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:55 AM
big ron
Tourer

Here are some additional pics

Attached Thumbnails Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks-img_0612.jpg   Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks-img_0614.jpg   Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks-img_0616.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:37 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 367 Likes on 207 Posts

Is there any updated thoughts on this choice? I'm now looking at a long overdue shock upgrade.

My choice at the moment is between the Ohlin STX36D Blackline (HD762) and the Legend Revo-A (1310-0946). I've also given some thought to the Terrycable Ultra Low.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:06 AM
Gunter77
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I put on a set of 13" Revo-A s last week. Ran sway-aways before that. Just got back from a couple of thousand miles running thru John Day area in Oregon and hells canyon in Idaho. F@cking great shocks! Took me a bit to dial them in, and at first I was "what the flock", made a mistake -bouncy soft shocks- but once I got enough preload set, wow, still pretty comfortable with great improvement in rear wheel control. Much harder to break the tire loose either with the throttle or leaning in a turn; have not been able to bottom them out either, not even running over tall speed bumps at +15 mph, which would have bottomed out my sway-aways. The rebound adjust is nice to go from ultra plush to nice and firm, but I could have probably just gone with the Revo s and been happy.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Good Samaritan
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried both the Progressive 970's Piggy Backs and the Legend Revo A.
The Progressive 970's are pretty aggressive and sporty so I would recommened it if you are more about stunts, handling, etc.. but not so much a quality ride.

Legend Revo-A.. Changed my world forever...
I call them my magic erasers. I have a few routes that I take daily to work and when I put these bad boys on I nearly teared with joy. I couldn't believe it. I went over each bump i could find and they were just not there. These shocks are nice and soft, and provide such a smooth ride. Even with a passenger, I clicked it the damping up a bit and my passenger said the SAME THING! It was a beautiful thing. Love my Revo A's.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:20 AM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

I also had the same dilemma. At the end I defaulted to Ohlins cause I run them on my sportbikes. Never tried legends, but most wrenches I know put ohlins at the top over any other brand when it comes to suspensions in general. If they can handle my sport bikes at mach speeds, I have confidence they with them on my dyna.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by big ron
I am running the Ohlins S36PL that I picked up from Howard at Motorcycle Metal. They are a little longer than stock and you can feel the suspension working in the twisties as well as taking the the hit out of potholes that you experience with stock shocks. They look great to boot. The reservoirs are forward on the bike so I can run saddle bags. If I had to do it all over this would have been one of my first modifications. Howard customized the spring size based on my body weight and % of solo vs passenger riding. I cannot speak to the other shocks but would definitely get a quote from Howard as he offers a member discount.
Hey, curious. I just installed those shocks and the instructions specifically said that the reservoirs should be up, as the ports were supposed to be facing up. Plus the reservoirs are angled out as well. You sure they're ok like that?

Old 08-14-2017, 06:46 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Hey, curious. I just installed those shocks and the instructions specifically said that the reservoirs should be up, as the ports were supposed to be facing up. Plus the reservoirs are angled out as well. You sure they're ok like that?
I'm curious about this too... A pair of these are on my winter wish list right now, but I don't want to lose the ability to attach my bags when needed...

Old 08-16-2017, 12:19 AM
DMo
Advanced

I've got a set of Revo-As being delivered in the next several days. So excited to get them on the bike.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:47 AM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 367 Likes on 207 Posts

Just placed an order yesterday for the Ohlins STX36D Blackline shocks. My lovely bride is buying them for me as an anniversary gift

I ordered them through http://www.cyclesolutionsonline.com/

Quick Reply: Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks