Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

powervision V?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 10:49 AM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default powervision V?

So, both my 08 sporty 1200 and my 09 fatbob have the VH fuelpaks on them. Got them both running pretty decent now with the help of some tweaks from VH. I was looking at this powervision though... It looks like you can get a better tune and customize it more with the use of a computer and maps and such - but is it married to one bike and must stay on that bike? Or can I tweak my fat bob, flash the ecm, then put it in my tool box and say a month later tweak the sporty, then return it to my tool box?

If that's the case, it might have been a better option to buy the PV instead of 2 fuelpaks (the one did come with my fat bob, but I'm thinking for future considerations).

Old 06-30-2015, 10:58 AM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, you can tune both your bikes with one Powervision, just need to buy another tune license for $200.

It is not Powervision V, it's Powercommander V (5) Different tuner all together.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:05 AM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Powervision marries, PowerCommander V doesn't,, PowerCommander V is a piggy-back,
I presume your asking about Powervision;

It marries, a new license can be bought for a different bike for $199,, but then it marries that bike.
Ya can't switch back-n-forth doing progressive upgrades to each bike with the same unit/license code,, without buying another license each time.
Get it?
You can do one bike till it's done, then re-license and do the other.

There are a few being offered in the classifieds here every once in awhile at reduced prices, but the buyer needs to pay the $199 for the new license.

Last edited by JohnMn; 06-30-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:52 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMn
Powervision marries, PowerCommander V doesn't,, PowerCommander V is a piggy-back,
I presume your asking about Powervision;

It marries, a new license can be bought for a different bike for $199,, but then it marries that bike.
Ya can't switch back-n-forth doing progressive upgrades to each bike with the same unit/license code,, without buying another license each time.
Get it?
You can do one bike till it's done, then re-license and do the other.

There are a few being offered in the classifieds here every once in awhile at reduced prices, but the buyer needs to pay the $199 for the new license.

I have the powervision for my 2013 WG and my GFs 2011 SB. I tune both of them using it. All I needed was the $200 license for the added license and the V1 cable for her bike. You can use it on both bikes at the same time. Just unplug it from one and plug it into the other. Load the map for the new bike and start tuning away. Great product. Data logs really well, You can set idle rpm, You have access to the spark tables as well as many others for each cylinder separately, there is just so much you can do with this thing that you cannot with a piggy back. Also if you plan on getting one get it from FuelMoto. Jamie has been there for me whenever I have needed help with a tune and I just cant figure something out.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Bohacker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

socialoutcast is correct. I do the same and I believe you can load as many licenses on one PV as you need. Of course you will want to use the WinPV SW so you can manage the various tunes for multiple bikes. When I picked up my '15 FXDB I also bought a 2nd cable so I could have both bikes permanently wired. Initially for doing a few autotunes and longer term I like to take it on longer trips as it has a much easier and feature rich diagnostic capability.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:25 AM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

OK, I stand corrected.
Thank you socialoutcast and Bohacker for sharing the multi-bike truth to the Powervision list of +'s,,

Old 07-01-2015, 05:39 AM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my bike dynotuned for $500. That was $200 for just a PowerVision license and $300 for the DynoJet dyno tuning. Basically I didn't have to buy any hardware which suited me fine as he would be doing any future tweaking anyway as my license is already on file for his bench unit. Of course this present method now just 'marries' my bike to his shop but he has the only certified DynoJet dyno in my area anyway. However, that's not to say that I can't buy the PowerVision hardware anytime later.

Picked up a 16% increase in HP & TQ across the board with the $300 dynotune which is probably much better than I could have done as a novice with just the basic $499 package and an initial canned map.

Last edited by Mr Bentwrench; 07-01-2015 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:05 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Bentwrench
I had my bike dynotuned for $500. That was $200 for just a PowerVision license and $300 for the DynoJet dyno tuning. Basically I didn't have to buy any hardware which suited me fine as he would be doing any future tweaking anyway as my license is already on file for his bench unit. Of course this present method now just 'marries' my bike to his shop but he has the only certified DynoJet dyno in my area anyway. However, that's not to say that I can't buy the PowerVision hardware anytime later.

Picked up a 16% increase in HP & TQ across the board with the $300 dynotune which is probably much better than I could have done as a novice with just the basic $499 package and an initial canned map.
Correct Canned maps will not get you the best out of your bike possible but it can get you in the ball park and sometimes even to the field. I am sure I can squeeze more out of my tune easily on a dyno but there is no one in OR that does PV tuning .

Being a novice I would buy from a place that will supply you with a custom canned map like fuelmoto. They take actual tunes and test them and tweak them. Not true off the shelf maps so its pretty cool.