Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner for 2011 FXDC? I know beaten to death

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 06:15 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Cool!!! Thanks for the info! Old carb dude trying to learn this new fangled injection stuff

I went through the same thing, this '13 Wide Glide is my first FI Harley and I had a lot to learn but honestly the Power Vision is a bit expensive but it's one of the best upgrades I could have ever done to my beastie... If you have questions I can catch you over on ARFcom too, I couldn't use my normal user name here on HDForums; it was 'forbidden'... huh... 'DarkStar' is forbidden?

Old 11-07-2015, 06:23 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I went through the same thing, this '13 Wide Glide is my first FI Harley and I had a lot to learn but honestly the Power Vision is a bit expensive but it's one of the best upgrades I could have ever done to my beastie... If you have questions I can catch you over on ARFcom too, I couldn't use my normal user name here on HDForums; it was 'forbidden'... huh... 'DarkStar' is forbidden?

Old 11-07-2015, 06:38 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

If you do get the Power Vision I can walk you through some of the tricks I discovered to getting some really decent auto tune runs, the auto tune basic is part of the PV. The FuelMoto supplied base map was really good but doing auto tune runs to dial it in to the bike made a world of difference, that auto tune feature will certainly kick it up a notch or two

Old 11-07-2015, 06:56 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
If you do get the Power Vision I can walk you through some of the tricks I discovered to getting some really decent auto tune runs, the auto tune basic is part of the PV. The FuelMoto supplied base map was really good but doing auto tune runs to dial it in to the bike made a world of difference, that auto tune feature will certainly kick it up a notch or two
This bike is going to break me! Rode it all year doing very little to it to kinda decide what it needed and what I wanted out of it. Now in the past 2 months I've already spent 2 grand, now this will be another 8-9hundred combined and after 5K my new rear tire is toast plus the original battery is getting a little weak. Why do all my hobbies have to be so expensive?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:11 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

This bike is going to break me! Rode it all year doing very little to it to kinda decide what it needed and what I wanted out of it. Now in the past 2 months I've already spent 2 grand, now this will be another 8-9hundred combined and after 5K my new rear tire is toast plus the original battery is getting a little weak. Why do all my hobbies have to be so expensive?
No kidding, between AR's and Harley's I have no monies!

If you're thinking about a new A/C check out DK Customs, I'm running their 587 Outlaw with a smooth bobber cover, it's very well made and won't break the bank. One of the nice features with DK is you can vent crankcase gasses back to atmosphere which to me was a deal breaker with offerings from Ness or SE; most aftermarket A/C's are EPA compliant, DK Customs is still doing it the old, and proper way. Engines don't like hot oily crankcase gas forced back in to the A/C

DK Customs also has a partnership with FuelMoto, you can get the Power Vision from them with the FuelMoto lifetime support...

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/main.sc

Edit: Changed my avatar to match my ARFcom avatar!

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 11-07-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Another good thing about the PV for your 2011 is I believe that the 2011 head pipes come with wide band O2 sensors so if you want to get the target tune added later you`re most of the way there.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:04 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the $500 PV flash tuner with the LCD screen? Seems like maybe an easier albeit more expensive way to go not having to find a place to attach the tuner and can be used on more than one bike.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:22 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the $500 PV flash tuner with the LCD screen? Seems like maybe an easier albeit more expensive way to go not having to find a place to attach the tuner and can be used on more than one bike.
The only difference in the Power Vision is the style of connector your specific year will need, the PV itself is the same. PV-1 and PV-2 just denotes the included cable; all the Power Vision devices have the LCD touch screen and auto tune... and they are a bit spendy but absolutely worth it

I normally don't have the PV unit mounted to the bike unless I'm doing an auto tune run. You can set up the PV during the auto tune run to display the fuel cells as they receive data points; the cells go from green to a yellow/orange to red when they default out with max data from the run; you can see how effective your run was and what areas you're not altering so you can adjust your riding accordingly. I managed to hit near every cell to red on some of my runs. The PV also has a quick tune feature and it's a sweet way to alter decel and V/E percentages to fine tune your map. You can alter your idle, monitor temperatures, etc etc etc; the list of things it does is pretty neat...

This image was right before an auto tune run earlier this year, mounted this way I can watch the run as it progresses. DK Custom/FuelMoto Power Vision comes as a bundle with the mount included.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Dyno...PV-CMP-PKG.htm

Old 11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
mibeaulieu
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just my $.02. I love power vision. I used it to tune my FXDF and the wife's sporty. Auto tune is a great feature - do a couple rides to dial it in - then put the PV away.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:12 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by mibeaulieu
Just my $.02. I love power vision. I used it to tune my FXDF and the wife's sporty. Auto tune is a great feature - do a couple rides to dial it in - then put the PV away.
PV sounds like the ticket I'm looking for. There is just no room under my seat or inside the left side cover to put anything on a permanent basis. May have to hold off a few weeks since I just went ahead and ordered 2 Commander II tires for my bike (rear Dunlop didn't last 5K) and also a new rear for my wife's bike.

Quick Reply: Tuner for 2011 FXDC? I know beaten to death