Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner for 2011 FXDC? I know beaten to death

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:48 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

We must be a different breed as myself and few others not huge fans of power vision unless in the right hands. Had a hell of a time dialing in so much so brought bikes to a dyno guy. Even then took a bit of savy. Maybe cause we are old and stuck on jetting carbs back in the day but someone also told me TTS was easy lol not...

Old 11-29-2015, 08:04 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
We must be a different breed as myself and few others not huge fans of power vision unless in the right hands. Had a hell of a time dialing in so much so brought bikes to a dyno guy. Even then took a bit of savy. Maybe cause we are old and stuck on jetting carbs back in the day but someone also told me TTS was easy lol not...
Being an old fart that is definitely my fear. I ordered the PV yesterday along with a Ness A/C during Fuel Moto's cyber week sale. Hate to mess with the bike as it runs absolutely perfect as is but I just hate the stock air filter housing. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't screw it up!

Old 11-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

You can have my Power Vision...

Old 11-29-2015, 08:49 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Being an old fart that is definitely my fear. I ordered the PV yesterday along with a Ness A/C during Fuel Moto's cyber week sale. Hate to mess with the bike as it runs absolutely perfect as is but I just hate the stock air filter housing. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't screw it up!
I'm an old carb guy too, this '13 Wide Glide is my first ever FI HD and like you both, I was a bit flinchy about buying the Power Vision. Jets, air screws, needle shims and the seat of the pants dyno are easier, the Power Vision is spendy and all techno-babble but this PV is truly an amazing tuning device.

I had honestly considered trading off my '13 for an older carb Wide Glide in the early going before buying the PV but I bought the PV and I'm glad I did. The change to the base map FuelMoto supplied was night and day different, you could feel all the untapped potential that was there and had been left on the table; I learned how to do accurate auto tune runs to give the PV the data it needed and now I'm completely impressed with FI, I'd doubt I could get much more out of her in her current engine build state.

If I had kept playing with the lower tier fuel management devices I'm positive I'd have traded my '13 by now; if you're willing to spend a little time giving the PV the data it needs it can truly work wonders. That Power Vision is a rather powerful device and had I not bought it I'd be back on a carbed Wide Glide

Old 11-29-2015, 09:10 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I'm an old carb guy too, this '13 Wide Glide is my first ever FI HD and like you both, I was a bit flinchy about buying the Power Vision. Jets, air screws, needle shims and the seat of the pants dyno are easier, the Power Vision is spendy and all techno-babble but this PV is truly an amazing tuning device.

I had honestly considered trading off my '13 for an older carb Wide Glide in the early going before buying the PV but I bought the PV and I'm glad I did. The change to the base map FuelMoto supplied was night and day different, you could feel all the untapped potential that was there and had been left on the table; I learned how to do accurate auto tune runs to give the PV the data it needed and now I'm completely impressed with FI, I'd doubt I could get much more out of her in her current engine build state.

If I had kept playing with the lower tier fuel management devices I'm positive I'd have traded my '13 by now; if you're willing to spend a little time giving the PV the data it needs it can truly work wonders. That Power Vision is a rather powerful device and had I not bought it I'd be back on a carbed Wide Glide
I will never go back to another carbed bike! I have four others in my garage that were barely ridden during the past 4 years and have been giving me fits all year to try and get running right again. I am sick of working on these things and I did try and ride them a little at least once a month to prevent this mess from happening. Apparently it was not enough with this god awful fuel they call gasoline these days These are all non Harleys and are a major pain in the *** to get to the carbs!

Last edited by tnriverluver; 11-29-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:01 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I will never go back to another carbed bike! I have four others in my garage that were barely ridden during the past 4 years and have been giving me fits all year to try and get running right again. I am sick of working on these things and I did try and ride them a little at least once a month to prevent this mess from happening. Apparently it was not enough with this god awful fuel they call gasoline these days These are all non Harleys and are a major pain in the *** to get to the carbs!
I read your last line and instantly my '06 V-Max came to mind; holee hell!

HD's CV carb is easy to work on and literally red brick dumb, the FI not so much which is why I was ready to run back to a carb bike before I got the Power Vision... the devil you know, I guess. FuelMoto will sent a preloaded map for your setup in the PV, load it and see what you think, then do a few auto tune runs, as the PV collects data and alters the map you'll begin to feel even more improvements.

PSA: When you finish an auto tune run don't turn off the ignition, use the kill switch; save your run in custom tunes, apply the new map, then turn off the ignition. I don't know exactly why, perhaps how the PV saves data but your run and new map will be more accurate if you shut down the bike with the kill switch and save it then apply it before turning off the ignition...

Old 11-29-2015, 10:38 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

power vision!

Old 11-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,153 Likes on 3,798 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBobMark
Power Vision all the way....
Best product on the market. I love my PV2.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Screamin Eagle heavy breather will improve you're performance about two to three hp at least that is what it did on mine. That is what the dyno said and not butt dyno either.

Last edited by Jeff's 1st Harley; 11-29-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:18 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Buy the second license, the Power Vision marries and works with both bikes easily

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-2094543...e-license.html

koolaid been drankeded:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...sportster.html

power vision for life

Quick Reply: Tuner for 2011 FXDC? I know beaten to death